This is the intake finally on and bolted down
One thing to note, this is NOT the final version. Looking at the intake, you'll notice where the intake has the bump still from the stock IAC for the Windstar Throttle body. This part would NOT fit under my stock hood, so I used a hack saw and just leveled it off.
Crude but effective.
The rest is pretty much just putting the **** back together in the end.
This is where I left off yesterday.
There are several things I may expand on but here are the things to note.
1. Always use RTV sealer (or alternative) for sealing gaskets. I had to redo several things in order to rectify this.
2. The weight of the Intake Tubing will most likely cause the MAF to sit on the AC pulley. Make sure that you you support it somehow off of it.
3. The TPS and IAC wires need to be extended . TPS has 3, IAC has 2. Be sure not to mix them up.
4, Had to cut the GT hood scoop screw so it didn't slam the TB.
5. Need to use a GT throttlebody. The windstar and v6 will nto fit because of the top hump that is used for the IAC. This can easily be cut off from the plastic intake, but the steel of the throttle body is another story :facepalm:
I will be posting so more close-up pictures of my brackets soon so anyone who wants to can copy them.
Below are two videos.
This one is of the windstar finally running during the day. There was a massive vaccuum leak which causes the rpms to go absolutely crazy during Idle until eventually the car just shut off.
Windstar with vac leak. - YouTube
This video is after I took another trip back to HomeDepot, got some more RTV, laid it on thick, then put my final brackets on and took it for a spin shortly after.
Windstar final - YouTube
Maybe it's the placebo effect, maybe not, but it felt much more responsive compared to the stock intake!