Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys can say whatever you want about that I should have gone with a centri or whatever but this will give me plenty of power safely on a stock block. I got everything for $1500. Blower, intake manifold, injectors, lightning force upgraded air to water heat exchanger, roush 75mm throttle body, coolant resevoir, coolant pump, exchanger fans, air intake, maf, all hardware, belt and 2 pulleys. With the chicane 12lb pulley, I should make 390whp or so from what I've heard/read so I will post my numbers in the spring. Anybody with this setup?

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I weighed my options. Centri's are great but I wanted to add power and make the ugly ass intake manifold, actually look good ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a series II runnin 12 lbs of boost and making about 385 rwhp. the series IV should be a little more efficient tho. It definitely helped to pretty up the engine bay too. Good luck.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a series II runnin 12 lbs of boost and making about 385 rwhp. the series IV should be a little more efficient tho. It definitely helped to pretty up the engine bay too. Good luck.

Jaw just dropped. That is one sexy 2v engine bay!! I'm not a huge fan of the polished look normally but damn that looks sexy.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do you find these saleen blowers so cheap I can't ever find anything under 3-4 x.x

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Google "all of Craigslist" and click first link. Searches Craigslist for the whole country. You just gotta go on every night and search everything! I searched "saleen blower", "saleen series iv", "saleen series 4", "saleen supercharger" every night for about 3 weeks. I found this setup. He wanted $2000 plus shipping and I said $1500+ shipping and he took it. He just shipped it and it cost him $484. We agreed on $1600 total so he kinda got screwed.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Besides blower, how much money did you spend on engine bay appearance mods?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What are those blowers good to? Anyway to switch the blower to a different one or no? I haven't read much on the saleens

·
Registered
890 Posts

What other supporting mods do you have? I have the same blower (other mods in my sig), and you are making a pretty decent amount more in power.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
so all you need to run one of these blowers is a different intake manifold?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The intake is attatched to the blower on a positive displacment blower.

Lonestang, car looks great man.

OP, Im sure youll hit 390rwhp. I would bring a 10lb pulley with you too. 12psi isnt a lot, but where its always hitting 12psi everytime you go wot, might put a lot of wear and tear on the motor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What other supporting mods do you have? I have the same blower (other mods in my sig), and you are making a pretty decent amount more in power.
It has a chicane I/c and afco dual pass h/e.Ported blower with 66mm pulley and mosaleen idler. Modified tork tech intake and t/b with custom cai and pro-m 92 maf. Kooks longtubes with catted x and magnaflow catback. 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is series 4 still Eaton or is that Whipple?

Shipping $484 damn he got screwed. I am aware this type of setup is well over 100#s but damn he could've strapped it to a pallet and done freight for probably half that price.

And to anyone else doing the same type of deal on CL, personally I wouldn't do it unless the person was an established member of a forum or two. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts