Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It almost feels as the throttle is sticking, it got stuck at 2,000rpm's, an i had to drive like that all the way home. When i put it in third the rpms would go down but it just wanted to go to 2,000rpms still....Does anyone know the issue? its kind of dangerous lol

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont kno what they are, i'm not good w. cars/motor work yett. is it a costly fix or? wat do u suggest i do

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesnt do this all the time, it only happend once...its totally fine now for some odd reason but i just dont want it occuring while i'm out someware lol

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
TB is the throttle body, it's the thing with the running horse on it, and idk I might be way off but it might be sticking and jus need some wd40, then again it could be your throw out bearing or something to do with your clutch. I haven't had that problem so this is just my best guess

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe your rite, something is up with my clutch becasue evrytime i push it in there's usually a loud click...when it warms up there's no click at all.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
yea, so my guess is you need clutch kit and all that, but id wait to see if some else has more to say cause i dont want to say that and have you go get a new clutch and it not fix it lol.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You need a friend to push the accelerator pedal tyo the floor while you stay under the hood and watch. LEAVE THE CAR OFF while you do this. On the back side of the upper intake plenum ( the thing where the running pony logo is under your hood) you will see a braided cable and a plactic cable connected to the throttle body. ( That's the thing attached to the left of the upper intake plenum.) While your friend pushes the pedal all the way down, check to see if the braided cable is frayed as it comes out of it's sleeve. It is fairly common for the cables to get frayed and get stuck while traveling in and out of the sleeve. This causes your throttle body to stick open and you will get a high reving engine like you described. If it is frayed, you will need to replace it. It's not hard to do, but your gonna have a hell of a time finding a new cable as they are no longer manufactured by ford.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice description man, thanks for the help thats the problem....thanks man!

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this isnt the throttle cable is it?

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea there was supposed to be a picture ea but it doesnt show up i guess lol

So what would the name of the cable be? :dunno

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yea, so my guess is you need clutch kit and all that, but id wait to see if some else has more to say cause i dont want to say that and have you go get a new clutch and it not fix it lol.
How the hell could an issue with his idle/RPM's have anything to do with his clutch? :confused:
Yea there was supposed to be a picture ea but it doesnt show up i guess lol

So what would the name of the cable be? :dunno
Throttle cable? lol, don't really know what you are asking there man.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, i'm asking the name of the cable thats frayed?

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alrite man thanks, there's a lot of them on ebay!! i got scared when you said for doesnt make them anymore....thanks alot guys:rockon

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that's what is wrong with mine, the idle stays high for a while before it will drop back down after I rev it up. Going to take a look at it tomorrow, but was that the issue with yours?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts