Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a serious problem with my back right brake caliper. While i was replacing my old brake pads. I took the tire off, loosened the caliper, removed the old brake pads and proceeded to the put the new pads on but the piston inside the caliper would NOT go in! i tried to use a vice but it wouldnt budge a inch. So out of ideas, i tried to put the old pads back on.... THEY WOULDNT FIT BC OF THE PISTON! So i hammered and beat the crap outta that caliper and used the vice to get it back on the rotor, i finally did. While i was moving it out of my garage, i could tell the brake was locked up bc when i let off the gas the car would come to a stop.. PLEASE HELP until i figure out how to fix it, the car isnt driveable :(

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Well release the brake fluid in the caliper by taking off the nut (forgot which one), then try pushing in the caliper..

if that doesnt work buy new calipers, I just bought 2 new front ones because my piston was stuck out like yours...

=(

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeh i did let the brake fluid out, forgot that to mention that..
new calipers hu? gah man that sux! i just bought new front rotors and got it out of the shop, im broke :((

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the front pistons push in.. y wouldnt the rear ones push in?
how do u screw it in?? wat would u use to screw it with>

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wat i dont understand is.... how come i took it off, AND WITH THE SAME PADS couldnt get it back on?? nothing changed, nothing was different but it wouldnt fit back in

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i couldnt even get the lower bolt to line up with the caliper so i had to leave it off cuz i COULD NOT get it on.... i tried for like two hours. nuthin.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im deffinatly not going to! when i get paid monday im going straight to the shop...
i wasnt even gonna change the rear pads!! they arent even wore that much GAHHHH
:(((

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i guess. i just dont have the money for all this bull

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
You may have to replace your caliper as said before, but they're screw-in style, for which you need a LOT of turns...clockwise, if I remember correctly...with a special tool (can buy from auto parts store locally) which is a POS that fits on the end of your ratchet (3/8" drive), looks like a metal open cube, and has multiple adaptions on every side to work on MOST calipers requiring it. I ended up getting frustrated and used a pair of needle-nosed pliers to turn mine once I got them moving. I started the same as you, though, beating on the caliper, but called a friend "in the know" and he straightened me out about 20 minutes before the Zone closed. Good luck, man.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh really?? do u kno wat the tool is called? and did u hav to replace your caliper or did it still work after u beat on it like that? bc i beat on it but i didnt notice any visible damage i did to it =\

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
carnut you dont understand! ur pony is driveable :p mines brokeee
GAHH
hah

1 - 20 of 32 Posts