Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after seeing and test driving my buddy's 93 Fox, I am thinking about trading. I want a 93 GT as a new project. Parts are a lot more plentiful that NE's and they are a lot cheaper. When I got my NE it needed a new motor/trans and paint was rough as well as a couple spots of rust. The best part was getting it back to its former self. So now I want a new project. What do you guys think? I know a few of y'all NE guys owned fox's.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My vote is to stick with what you have and make it better.. Nothing like knowing where you are in a project.

Good luck either way!

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
I say go for It I bought one last year as well This spring We are doing a total restoration on it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Do it but get a coupe not a gt!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Do what'll make you happy. Personally, I don't find Fox's AS appealing. I love all Mustangs, though. :)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm from a previous generation. I have never liked the Fox body Mustang. There is no way in my mind that it is a true Mustang. That said, they are a lighter platform.

P.S. I like them more than the Mustang IIs. That platform I pretty much despise.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about keeping my NE and picking one up? I mean, my stang is perfectly fine except for the recent issue I am having with it. Maybe make it a longer project? I can find one for about 2-4k in decent shape for its age in my area.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
If you can keep yours and still get one I'd do that. I've been wanting to do the same exact thing.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
That would be a dream to be (owning both). I'd love to have a 5.0 fox :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
How about keeping my NE and picking one up? I mean, my stang is perfectly fine except for the recent issue I am having with it. Maybe make it a longer project? I can find one for about 2-4k in decent shape for its age in my area.
that sounds like a good plan :naughty:

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may be able to make it happen and keep both with a little extra side jobs and a lot of foot massages given to the wife

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Let' see pics of the car.

There was a black with gray interior automatic 1993 LX Hatcback with 60,000 original miles for sale on ebay about a month ago for $8500. It was so tempting! :drool

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
How about keeping my NE and picking one up? I can find one for about 2-4k in decent shape for its age in my area.
Sounds like a good plan to me if you can swing it!

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts