Modded Mustang Forums banner

Seriously Thinking About A Trade

1K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  mischiefse7en 
#1 ·
Okay so after seeing and test driving my buddy's 93 Fox, I am thinking about trading. I want a 93 GT as a new project. Parts are a lot more plentiful that NE's and they are a lot cheaper. When I got my NE it needed a new motor/trans and paint was rough as well as a couple spots of rust. The best part was getting it back to its former self. So now I want a new project. What do you guys think? I know a few of y'all NE guys owned fox's.

#3 ·
My vote is to stick with what you have and make it better.. Nothing like knowing where you are in a project.

Good luck either way!

#4 ·
I say go for It I bought one last year as well This spring We are doing a total restoration on it.

#10 ·
I'm from a previous generation. I have never liked the Fox body Mustang. There is no way in my mind that it is a true Mustang. That said, they are a lighter platform.

P.S. I like them more than the Mustang IIs. That platform I pretty much despise.

#11 ·
How about keeping my NE and picking one up? I mean, my stang is perfectly fine except for the recent issue I am having with it. Maybe make it a longer project? I can find one for about 2-4k in decent shape for its age in my area.

#15 ·
I may be able to make it happen and keep both with a little extra side jobs and a lot of foot massages given to the wife

#16 ·
Let' see pics of the car.

There was a black with gray interior automatic 1993 LX Hatcback with 60,000 original miles for sale on ebay about a month ago for $8500. It was so tempting! :drool

#21 ·
I've had several Foxes and most of my experience is with the Fox, our New Edge cars are just re-skinned Foxes anyway as it's the same platform. I love the New Edge and it's certainly the best appearing in my opinion, but there is still a soft spot in my heart for Fox Coupes...... hatchbacks look like ass in my opinion. I'd vote for keep your NE and buy a coupe for a project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.