Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a belt for my '02 GT, 13/16" x 94" O.C., and it was a tad to long. The parts store i got it from was closed so i went to another one and got one and it was a little long also so i looked and the lengths are the same. Is there a difference in belt sizes within the year or am i just retarted and missing something?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
sure your putting it one the right way

·
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i'm sure its going on the right way, put it on just like i took my old one off. It is just a little longer than the old one when they are stretched out on top of one another

·
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it change when you have U/D pully?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
couldnt say, did you try putting it on and just tightening the tensioner and seeing if the belt works

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
When you get u/d pulleys and you change the crankshaft pulley you need a shorter serpentine belt.

·
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you get u/d pulleys and you change the crankshaft pulley you need a shorter serpentine belt.
Thats it then, thank you.

Do you happen to know what size i need or how i can find out without just trying shorter belts?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
go to autozone and buy a shorter one

·
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
go to a site that sells the UD pullies and with a belt together, they should tell you what size belt they include with the pulley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts