Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have a new ford racing crate 302 with classic auto air aftermarket kit on it. I was looking to convert it to a serpentine belt system and was advised by Classic Auto Air that I can only use their Serpentine Accessory Drive Kit (costing $2,704.99). Is that true or can I use any other brand like March Performance ($745.99)?

thanks,

Evan

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't know why you couldn't use another kit. Perhaps there is something about the CAA compressor that will prevent you from using an aftermarket pulley, but you could always swap out the compressor.

However I have never seen a March kit that cheap, so I am wondering if you are looking at what you really need.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Looks like you would need to use the March compressor P410:

Accesories Water Pumps and A/C

Also note the asterisks:

You must use an electric fuel pump
You must use a reverse rotation water pump
You must use a 90* thermostat housing.

And based on the way it is setup, you probably will have to run an electric fan. I can't see most fan clutches working with the water pump pulley.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
To elaborate... with a traditional V-Belt setup the belt comes across the top of the pulley moving right to left, and turns it counterclockwise. On a S-Belt setup, it comes across the bottom of the pulley moving right to left and turns it clockwise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts