Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright now ive had my mach 1 for about 4 going on 5 months now and i just hit about 1500K ive put on it, and the service engine light pops on me today, now i gave the car an oil change a week after i bought the car(gave it the royal purple treatmeant) so i know it doesnt need it, so how do i get rid of the light, i know some cars you hold the odometer button for four seconds then turn the key on, or put the key right before actual engine ingition do the same thing and turn it on, but i havent tried those things yet, just wandering how to do it so i can reset it incase those dont work

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
take it to your local parts store and have them scan the code then clear it.

tell us what the numbers are that he gives you.

it will be a P then four numbers IE : P1000
from there we can help you find out why it went off in the first place.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just the light telling me i need to change my oil, theres a easy way to clear them, but im not buy my car tonight and wont be untill tomorrow so i was just wandering if anyone knew before i go to clear it tomorrow

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
take off the neg battery cable for 5 minutes then reattach it.

the light will go off.

I advise you to look at your car soon though.. did you scrape the old gasket
off the block before installing the new oil filter?
any leaks?
did you put enough in?

what's your oil pressure look like??

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do oil changes for a living lol, but thanks for the help anyway thu, i did everything 100% but i bought the car w/ 36K on it and its now at a little over 37.5K and i guess now is 3000K since the old owner got his last oil change

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did the oil change about 3 and a half months ago so its nothing to do with that, i havent done anything different its just the serivce light i have to reset, im gonna try a few methods that i use at my job if no one tells me anything, ill try the battery thing at a last resort

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it says how to clear the change oil light in the owners manual but i got jewed out of it

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its just the light telling me that i need an oil change, i just need to know how to clear it

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
you can look up manuals online

1 - 13 of 13 Posts