Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say I had 0 mechanical experience, and over the past few weeks i've done ALOT of work to my mustang and turned it from overheating after a few blocks and hardly being able to idle and 5 check engine codes, to running great. And by doing the work myself i saved a TON of money and made sure everything was done right. (Not 2 mention when your in their working yourself you can take a lil extra time and clean things up while your in there.

All you need is a haynes manual, be half ass smart.. keep all ur bolts in their seperate bags, a nice tool kit and an advance auto close by for back n forth runs LOL =].

But yeh i've really enjoyed it. However i wish their was some type of "upgrade" manual. And I wish i could weld. I wanna throw on a midpype but i got no welding experience or gear to do it. BUt yeh don't be afraid to get hands on with your mustang.. I've actually started to love it and might get into some mechnical field of work.

I changed a waterpump and upgraded waterpulley in like 20minutes (with a few cig breaks inbetween). And that woulda costed 3-400 bucks and now all I have in it is about 100 bucks and thats with a new waterpump,pulley,o ring, 1/2 breaker bar and the rest of the tools to get it off and torqued back on.

And now that summer is coming i'm going to try to really get some upgrades going on her.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its bolts?! man if its bolts that'll be ****in sweet cuz i can do bolts :D.

I think i'm going to do the bassani catted x like the one guy on here.

I had flowmasters installed last summer however i could barely tell any change over what i had ( then i learned about midpypes etc).

BUT if its only bolts and easy to change i might just go o/r, i was thinkin it had to be welded. We got a few nice weather days comin up this week i'll lift her up n check it out. No labor costs is a beautiful thing =].

I have to replace 2 o2 sensors anyh0w so i'll get a good look at it while im in there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh it was a really great feeling fixing everything myself. Was like wow I did it and not only did i take it all apart, i FIXED everything, put it all back together and it all works wooT. ( I even upgraded to the 97+ radiator and fan) however that was a bit tricky cause the setup in the 97's must b a lil different the damn battery casing gets in the way on driver side and then u got the stupid a/c stuff on the left side in the way, so i just move some stuff around and make new stuff and grind stuff back a lil to open a lil room. and prestttttttttto .. i feel like i could do anything lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts