Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok right now the stang is parked till i figure out and fix the new issue. when im driving and i brake the steering wheel shakes really hared and the car wobbles. my guess is warped rotors... so im lookoing for new rotors all around. just wondered what input yall might have before i spend $450

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
why would it cost $450? i dont think i pay that much for a set and i have cobra brakes. you might want to check your steering rack, rack and pinion, tie rods but honestly i think your right on the money with the warped rotors. that sounds like what it is.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Does your ass feel like it's shaking too (no ****)?

Reactions: Catfiesh

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yeah the whole car shakes pretty bad. the $450 is 12.5 inch crossdrilled and slotted rotors up front and 11 inch crossdrilled/sltted out back that price included shipping....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for example. its not just the steering wheel. if i have a passenger with me they notice too

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea. going to do all around. since i have 03/04 cobra wheels the new rotor look with red calipers will be good

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but does everyone think warped rotors?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yes, if the steering wheel shakes and you feel the brake pedel reverberating than, the fronts are warped. If your ass shakes too and the whole car shakes then the rears are warped as well.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
why would you go with cross drilled? from my understanding they tend to crack and arent really neccessary for a street driven car. why not just get the slotted? that way you still get increased perferomance without sacrificing the integrity of the rotor as much

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Just get the slotted.The drilled do have issues some times and they do the same thing. If you ahve the choice, brembo slotted rotors are cast that way so they are WAY stronger than most others.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My Monte use to, and still does, shake a little bit under braking, it was the rotors being warped that caused the problem. I would go with your rotors being the problem as well. But I would also get new pads, and even wheel bearings while youre at it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my reason for going drilled/ slotted was that i found a good deal...

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
98% its the rotors, but... the front wheel bearings tend to go bad, often times, before 100k miles on our cars.

I had the same issue, and new rotors didnt quite fix it. bought new hubs, 60 bucks each, problem solved... and... the front felt tighter as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whered u buy the hubs

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You can get the hubs at any parts store. I currently have a set of drilled/slotted rotors on mine and i can tell you I will definately be going back to just slotted when they wear out. I liked the slotted alot more. You get a lot less problems with them and the break in process is much simpler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts