Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Yes verts have them stock, but like most Ford parts, they are crap. That link you posted is a good upgrade and worth it.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
yup, vert do come stock with them. and if i am not mistaken they are only bolted on and are rather flimsy. the mm full lengths welded on would be a good upgrade.

+ 1!!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yes verts have them stock, but like most Ford parts, they are crap. That link you posted is a good upgrade and worth it.
:withhomo

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Verts come stock with them, and I think bullitts do too. But yeah like all these guys said, it's a good idea to upgrade. MM SFCs are awesome units.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How much do full lengths weigh?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
yup, vert do come stock with them. and if i am not mistaken they are only bolted on and are rather flimsy. the mm full lengths welded on would be a good upgrade.
+1...I dont know how much of a difference you would feel but the MM pieces/aftermarkets pieces are much stronger

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
they easy to weld yourself?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
+1 to all. I felt a difference. seemed to tighten up after installed the full lengths.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
they easy to weld yourself?
I'd only do it yourself if you have access to a muffler-shop style lift (one that keeps the weight on the suspension).

If you jack up your car in your garage, you'll put flex in the chassis, and when you weld the SFC on, you'll "weld in" that flex permanently (exactly what you don't want).

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
thats why they have to use the jack for oil changes where the wheels stay on the tracks.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I'd only do it yourself if you have access to a muffler-shop style lift (one that keeps the weight on the suspension).

If you jack up your car in your garage, you'll put flex in the chassis, and when you weld the SFC on, you'll "weld in" that flex permanently (exactly what you don't want).
what about car ramps?

My uncle went to trade school for welding so I was going to have him do it. Although there is a shop who does full lengths for 178 around hear...so maybe do that

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
what about car ramps?

My uncle went to trade school for welding so I was going to have him do it. Although there is a shop who does full lengths for 178 around hear...so maybe do that
Ramps should be fine, provided while up their the chassis is "at rest" and you have enough room to work under the car.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah true. I will prob just do the 178 custom ones

1 - 17 of 17 Posts