Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well sort of. I got my 89 out on the road (private country road) again today.

In second gear at any rpm or speed, retarded wheel spin is just a throttle stab away.

I took it up to 5K in 3rd and then 4th and I was amazed at how fast 100 mph flew by.

I saw right around 8 PSI at 4K rpms, but couldn't stare at the boost gauge for very long.

I'm pretty pleased with how it is running right now. Idles smooth, good throttle response and top end. Going to AFM hopefully on tuesday for dyno tuning. I am expecting at least 400 at the wheels, we'll see. Feels really similar to when I had a 200 shot of nitrous on the same car.:D

2 things I need to address in the future.

1) I think I am going to need a better electric fan
2) time for a 3g alt upgrade, the 75 amp 2g is just barely getting the job done with the stereo, 2 fuel pumps, and electric fan.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
255 in tank, walbro GSL 70 gph high pressure external.

The internal pumps start to bleed off pressure at 50-60 PSI
With the FMU at full boost I need about 100 PSI.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to get someone with enough balls to ride shotgun...my girlfriend isn't interested and I am not going to take a video of me crashing my car because i was too busy video taping the accident to avoid it ;)

Should have videos of the dyno tuning up by next Wednesday!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, let me know when you are in Illinois :)

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Use the seatbelts to hold a tripod. Can be front or back seat. Here is a shakedown I did on a back road with the tripod in the front seat. You can't see the gauges though ;)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They used to call me tripod in gym class...unfortunately I don't have one for my camera.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
In second gear at any rpm or speed, retarded wheel spin is just a throttle stab away.

You should mount up some dually wheels on the rear so you have double the traction.:cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
You should mount up some dually wheels on the rear so you have double the traction.:cool:
thats what i am tlkin about....big pimpin fo sho

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Ever seen a mustang with hydrulics?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll take that into consideration :no:no:no

Maybe just some MT drag radials. I heard they are shitty in the rain though and this car is my street driver.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't afford not "too bad in the rain"

we get a lot of rain in the spring and fall here, enough to hydroplane off the road at 65 mph even with crappy street tires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts