Modded Mustang Forums banner

Shaker 500

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  IronStomach 
#1 ·
Does anyone know all the file types shaker 500 plays..?

I am getting some CDs burned by a freind, and he has .m4p not .mp4 files and would like to know if it will read them. Its associated with iTunes all i know? :(

My guess is probally not. But someone please let me know if you know for sure!

#3 ·
To the best of my knowledge, it will only play standard CD format and .MP3 There are open source file converters on the net that will take .aac, .wma, etc.. and make them into .mp3 Good luck and if you want a hand finding some software, feel free to ask. Good luck.

#4 ·
also remember, if your shaker 500 has the MP3 capability (which it should)

if you save the songs as a .dat DATA fine, you can fit up to 100+ songs on one CD and the unit will read it along with the text of the artist and song title. whether its an MP3 or an MP4 from itunes.

#6 ·
its on there, at the beginning or the end it should ask you what kind of disc you want to burn. Music, Data, etc. select data, and then drop all the songs you want to burn on that disc and it should keep it as a data. I know I did it before on MusicMatch, but also Roxio is easier to use as well.

#9 · (Edited)
Maybe so, but why on earth would you give up your manhood by joining the glowing, reassuringly expensive, plastic fruit cult in its worshipping of their lord and savior, Sir Jobs? :confused:

As an aside, newer versions of Roxio work pretty darn well. Haven't used MusicMatch since it first came out all those years ago leaden with spyware.

30 seconds of research shows:
A quick google of .m4p shows it's the DRM protected version of AAC. Apple was notorious for suing anyone who made a device that played the files and wasnt an Apple owned subsidiary, so I'm guessing the Shaker 500 can't read .m4p files. Of course the next result down from .m4p in the google search was also a result for a free file converter. So get the disc of .m4p, convert it to whatever the Shaker 500 can decode and reburn as a normal data disc. I'm sure the Shaker 500 can read directories too.

Just be sure to download from a source you trust, the converter is reputable (good), and all your security is patched an' updated. A lot of hack virus jockeys play in the shadows of the net community's freeware love fest. Of course if this is surprising, then your system is probably already a zombie....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.