Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
it doesn't flow as well as other cai's. if you're going with cams then you should be good with a jlt or c&l. if you will be doing your heads and some LT's i'd go with the 110mm jlt

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah I've always thought the shaker was more for aesthetic purposes. Say you have a setup like slater's with the shaker tubing leading out to the CAI/sc; would the hot rods or thumprs make it move since they have a rough idle?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if your going for looks it all depends on if you have someone that can do the right things with fiber glass.. alot of fiber glass hoods that you would order are very "wavy" i ordered one from american muscle and my paint guy did miracles on it. it looks just like a metal hood without the wavyness from fiber glass

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Yeah I've always thought the shaker was more for aesthetic purposes. Say you have a setup like slater's with the shaker tubing leading out to the CAI/sc; would the hot rods or thumprs make it move since they have a rough idle?
not much w/o getting some poly or solid engine mounts. my whole car moves with my comp spr stage 2 cams and a bmr k-member w/ poly mounts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Shaker is so over rated... it barely moves and offers crap performance compared to a decent CAI.

I think a nasty cowl or a hood with a functional scoop is better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I know it doesnt do much for performance just like the look of them :) thanks for the input. Plus they r cheaper than buying the hood and getting painted.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i personally dont like the shaker on the s197 as much as on the new edge. it just looks to small. go with a good ram air hood and cai

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yeah I know it doesnt do much for performance just like the look of them :) thanks for the input. Plus they r cheaper than buying the hood and getting painted.
Thats true. I could of gotten a shaker for $400... if I had the cash I would of. New hoods are at least $500 and then yeah the paint job is expensive as well.

I just miss the classic shaker hoods. You cant really get that without changing a lot of things on an S197.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
the shaker looks awsome not to mention you would get rid of the ****ING FAKE HOOD SCOOP

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the shaker hood is the way to go

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
HAHA. I was just gonna say, get one with a fake hood scoop and write Shaker on the side of it. LOL!

Just get a nice aftermarket hood, one that doesn't look gay. **** a shaker, UNLESS, it's a SuperShaker... Then, it's not such a waste of money. *well, yes it is*

Ok, so, get a badass, non gay, non shaker hood...

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I like 'em, but I don't know how they fare in rainy or snowy weather...if not so well, my car isn't garaged and is a DD, so that wouldn't work. Plus it doesn't fit with my conversion plans, anyway. :p Could be worse...the hood you're looking at could cost you $1700 new... :banghead

1 - 20 of 31 Posts