Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering anyone with 99-04 Mustang has this problem. While driving with lights on I noticed, going over bumps, the headlights shake a bit. Is there a fix for this?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Its a side effect of the slip pins that hold the headlights in. Its secure but rather simple.

When I went over to Cobra headlights from the stock, I noticed theyre a bit more shakey. I wouldnt worry about it. If it does bother you, get some thick foam tape and put it on the bottom of the headlights as a cushion and it should eliminate some of the shake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess it's common on these cars? Yeah it is a bit annoying. Wataru, Ill try the thick pad tape or thick weatherstrip.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Just a common thing. Seen it happen in every new edge I've been in.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
There is the problem with screw and nuts...it is needed to be fitted properly..if there is any other problem just change the entire kit..it is very importnt parts of the car...
Say again?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:lol

:dunno

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I thoght for sure it was something I did wrong. It is very annoying especially on a long and bumpy road. Marrymathew, what are the screw and nuy you speak of. The headlights are held in by metal slip pins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.