·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: MATT02GT

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Please note this isn't advised to those with sound systems. As far as the price is concerned. Some people pay 200 for an optima, and depending on which k member you buy 250+ just to shave 15lbs off.

Tomioka Racing TR-B900 9 lbs / 4Kg Performance LIght-Weight Battery [TR-B900] EDO Performance
Wow, there's no way I would pay that much for a battery with half of the CCA of my current one.

Wouldn't a better idea be to move your current battery to the trunk so that it helps with weight distribution and traction?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just noticed where your from. Doesnt really get to cold in Ga!!

Oh and they have slightly bigger ones with more cca's I believe its 15lbs. But yes doing this you can still move it to the trunk and not only improve weight displacement but also shed weight.

Edit: i should've posted this link instead, It show all of them so you an pick a cca thats more for you cold weather guys.

http://shop.edoperformance.com/tomioka-racing-performance-lightweight-battery-p-18807.html

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want loud and less weight...take the cats off...my o/r h pipe weighs atleast 20 lbs less than my stock one
Read my sig, lol. This I figured I'd post bc it's one thats often passed up. I used to be the kind of guy that'd strip em to nothing. Never had a hard hitting system, bc of the weight. This one was for all the die hard guys that'd murder a car just to gain a tenth. Only this way you can shave the weight and it's great if you need a new battery, But atleast this way you can keep the interior,lol. I would'nt make a run for the card for it. Just something diff. BTW the optima yellow weighs 35lbs and the red weighs 31. The size of it also appeals to me, i can be mounted just about anywhere you can get creative. I understang guys like MP4 or southfour not being able to do this on account of the enviorment they live in. But this is a Tech forum. Any whether you like it or not, I did just show you how to remove 20-30lbs with 5min and a pair of pliers.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Oh I wasn't dissing your suggestion or anything. I was just saying. The cats are heavy.
Personally, it gets cold here in PA, I need a decent battery.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I wasn't dissing your suggestion or anything. I was just saying. The cats are heavy.
Personally, it gets cold here in PA, I need a decent battery.
Oh no no no, That wasnt an attitude or anything above, i was just stating my title of my post. Please dont take it that way. Yes, I couldnt agree more about the cats. Also, I'm pretty sure you do in PA, cause it can get to 10-15* in GA, sometimes, and the winds always blowing at Bragg. I personally dont know how you guys can stand it. I need to go to PA though sometime to see an ole battle buddy of mine, he lives in hershey.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deka kit? never heard of it care to explain? or should I SEEEEEEEEAAAARRRRCCCCHHH!! :woot

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Oh no no no, That wasnt an attitude or anything above, i was just stating my title of my post. Please dont take it that way. Yes, I couldnt agree more about the cats. Also, I'm pretty sure you do in PA, cause it can get to 10-15* in GA, sometimes, and the winds always blowing at Bragg. I personally dont know how you guys can stand it. I need to go to PA though sometime to see an ole battle buddy of mine, he lives in hershey.
I hate winter personally. Gotta love walking to class when its -10* windchill. Sweeeeet.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate winter personally. Gotta love walking to class when its -10* windchill. Sweeeeet.
Dude, we run at bragg when its 20-25 and i cant even feel my face.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^thank you!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dude, we run at bragg when its 20-25 and i cant even feel my face.
Ha, try running in Germany at 3000 feet elevation when its 3 degrees outside. I thought my lungs were going to just give out on me one day it was so cold during a 5 mile run. One of the only times I've never broken a sweat on a 5 mile run.

However, Germany in the summer time more than makes up for the shitty winters!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I dig it! Ive contemplated moving the battery to the trunk, but dont really wanna put a switch on the back or the car to run at the strip. Thats a hell of a wieght drop off the front end.The cca is pretty low for my neck of the woods but she doesnt play in the cold much.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, try running in Germany at 3000 feet elevation when its 3 degrees outside. I thought my lungs were going to just give out on me one day it was so cold during a 5 mile run. One of the only times I've never broken a sweat on a 5 mile run.

However, Germany in the summer time more than makes up for the shitty winters!
Yeah, I think i'll stay at bragg or go to stewart. :yes

I dig it! Ive contemplated moving the battery to the trunk, but dont really wanna put a switch on the back or the car to run at the strip. Thats a hell of a wieght drop off the front end.The cca is pretty low for my neck of the woods but she doesnt play in the cold much.
Thanks Bud. Just trying to do something a little different from the norm. I like it cause as you said thats a good reduction in nose weight esp if coupled with a k-member.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts