1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
150ish.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yea, the handeling wouldnt really do much for you if any al all. THe lowering possibly, but you will never get that fast to matter, and the Ford racing stuff still keeps the l;imiter im pretty sure. So yes, your only gonna get to 150 ish

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well arent the performance packages on one of those really only a CAI and some mufflers? If so the top speed wouldn't be a dramatic increase from stock GTs. Sooo yeah I'd imagine 150 is about tops!

But you can always try it for yourself! :D

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Well arent the performance packages on one of those really only a CAI and some mufflers? If so the top speed wouldn't be a dramatic increase from stock GTs. Sooo yeah I'd imagine 150 is about tops!

But you can always try it for yourself! :D
Respect the Shelby name! These car were actually put together at Shelby in Vegas unless the GT500 which were made by SVT and has Shelby stamped on it. These cars are special and they only made about 5000 of them in 07, and a less then 9000 for the two year run.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
arent you really young?
(just wondering)
150, as everyone said is just about it.
but unless your trying to kill someone, or your at the texas mile, theres no need to go that fast. :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i am really young lol thats why im asking how fast instead of trying it my self..

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
ahhhh, then my memory is correct for once!

but seriously.
learn how to REALLY drive first.
how long have you had your license?
and how in the hell did you get that car?!

just please, for the love of everything good.
DONT F-ING SPEED.
DONT F-UP THE CAR.
AND KEEP IT SLOW.

the car you are driving is a collectors item! (or will be years from now)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhh, then my memory is correct for once!

but seriously.
learn how to REALLY drive first.
how long have you had your license?
and how in the hell did you get that car?!

just please, for the love of everything good.
DONT F-ING SPEED.
DONT F-UP THE CAR.
AND KEEP IT SLOW.

the car you are driving is a collectors item! (or will be years from now)
yah im impressed u knew.. and ya i need some lessons from some people who can actually drive.
ive had my liscnese for about a year
and i was supposed to get a stock gt and we came across this for $17,000 and my dad said sure so we got it for like $8,000 under value

and ya ive had a few scares already so im deciding to really tone it down on the speeding

finally, i dont view the car as a collectors item i view it as my car not something to keep just for the value. thats what not cars are made for in my opinion.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
I agree with drive the balls off it because its a fun car, its like the 00' Cobra R that has 5 miles or so. (famous ebay ad)

But, i also have to disagree in the same breath.
There is a level of having fun with the car, and also a level of taking better care of it then you would, if it was just a bare bones gt.
It IS colletors item, or will be as i said.
So TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT.
And learn from mich. (RZN)

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Well i live in Germany for another 50 days or so and i have an 09 gt with cai, exhaust and lowered, along with a tune and i got up to 162 mph on the autobahn! where it is 100% legal! had to have the gps tell me how fast i was going!!:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
These cars are assembled by FORD just as every other GT Mustang and just modified by Shelby in Las Vegas. I really smile when people say, these cars were built by Shelby in NV, yeah right.

Are you implying that the SVT build Shelby GT 500s are not proper Shelby's??

I have no dog in this as I drive an '08 Bullitt.

·
13,873 Posts
These cars are assembled by FORD just as every other GT Mustang and just modified by Shelby in Las Vegas. I really smile when people say, these cars were built by Shelby in NV, yeah right.

Are you implying that the SVT build Shelby GT 500s are not proper Shelby's??

I have no dog in this as I drive an '08 Bullitt.
You are correct in the modified at Shelby. That is what I meant, I am not saying that GT500s are not Shelby's but they made alot more of them and they were made by SVT, so to me that makes them less special, and the facts is they are not as rare.

P.S. If I wouldn't have bought my Shebly, I would own me a green Bullitt.:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are correct in the modified at Shelby. That is what I meant, I am not saying that GT500s are not Shelby's but they made alot more of them and they were made by SVT, so to me that makes them less special, and the facts is they are not as rare.

P.S. If I wouldn't have bought my Shebly, I would own me a green Bullitt.:D
It seems like the way they did out cars was more like how they did it in the 60s

·
Registered
961 Posts
hey dcourt, there is a thread that was on the M5 forums where a kid was asking about the top speed of his m5. he ended up killing himself and 3 of his friends.

·
13,873 Posts
hey dcourt, there is a thread that was on the M5 forums where a kid was asking about the top speed of his m5. he ended up killing himself and 3 of his friends.
How is that relevant? He said he was asking because he didn't want to try it himself.

P.S. If you are going to drive like a ****tard, do it in a secluded area, and do it alone. That goes for everyone, not singling you out Dcourt!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts