Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've been out of the new vehicle scene for a little while. To make a long story short, I've had a few new mustangs. I bought a 2012 new and I bought a 2015 new. I traded my 15 I had for a real nasty cummins a while back. I kept the truck for about a year and I ended up selling it outright on eBay. Since then, I have enjoyed have a very small payment as I had picked up a 2002 kenne bell gt, then I sold it and bought a 350z, and sold it and now I paid for a cobalt ss sc with cash and I have really enjoyed not having a car payment. However, I miss having a nice car.

With that being said, I have toyed around the idea of buying an older Shelby or a nicely modded GTO. I found one of the iron block GT500's locally. Originally he had it posted up on FB Marketplace for 28k. I had asked him some questions about it and he said he would negotiate on price some. When I asked what his bottom dollar was he dropped 800 bucks, so I assumed he was kind of firm. I thought and thought thinking its just an iron block gt500, but it does only have 20k miles. Guy says that the car is perfect, no dings nothing. I know GT500's retain their value, and what not, but it seems the stock blower is pretty limited. Car has different pullies, exhaust, and CAI....pretty normal mods.

He just dropped the price very recently to 25,500....I figured if he would drop down to around 23k it would be a heck of a deal judging by what I've seen....I really don't want to spend over 25k on something. I would really like to be around 22-23k on something. I've not went and looked at it in person, but just trying to gather some thoughts. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks super clean. 23k seems like a pretty sweet deal if he'll bite. I say go for it if it's as nice as it looks.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is the seller the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th owner ?
Car is modded, who did the work ?
Hand held ?
Complete documentation ? Shelby owners as a group, keep very good records.
The more you ask before the sale, the less likely you'll get burned afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts