Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, i'm finally about a week away from having my car done.. i can't wait, i'm definitely going to be taking a video of its first startup.. heres a list of new mods since my stock motor gave up on May 1st.

MMR 900 Shortblock (Manley forged I beam Rods, Manley Forged pistons, 03-04 cobra crank, 04 cobra block)
CMS 2.5 Blower Cams - 228/[email protected], .535/.540 lift 114 LSA
Innovators west 10% OD crank pulley
Patriot high lift valve springs/retainers
8 rib setup
2.8" Reichard Racing Blower Pulley
MMR High volume oil pump
Billet Cam Spacers
ARP Headstuds
MMR/Felpro head gaskets
Aluminum Flywheel
HPX Slot MAF with custom tig welded intake tube
03/04 cobra tank
dual cobra pumps

i've also done a little weight reduction.. i'm crossing my fingers that i've done everything right the first time, i don't want to take this motor back out anytime soon. i'm hoping it all works great with no leaks and no issues.. i have a little over 6k in this new setup. the tank should be here next week and i still have to find a cobra hat with pumps, that will be the last thing i need to do before i can fire it up!

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Hope it works out well dude. Should be some good numbers with the new internals. Time to crank up the boost!

BTW, I really hope the MMR block holds well. When/if I ever go FI, MMR will probably be my first stop when my stocker lets go.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope it works out well dude. Should be some good numbers with the new internals. Time to crank up the boost!

BTW, I really hope the MMR block holds well. When/if I ever go FI, MMR will probably be my first stop when my stocker lets go.
thanks man.. i think it should hold up fine.. i'm going from a 3.85" pulley to a 10% OD crank pulley and a 2.8" 8 rib blower pulley. it should give me a big increase in boost.

·
2,189 Posts
Very nice. You were running pretty conservative before, weren't you?

Just got done looking at the MMR 900... man, that's a lot of money but well worth it!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. You were running pretty conservative before, weren't you?

Just got done looking at the MMR 900... man, that's a lot of money but well worth it!
yeah i had a conservative tune.. 10psi and 380rwhp. but i put longtubes and a new MAF on and didn't get it retuned and she ran lean and broke a piston.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, and no they're not ported.. bummer but i couldn't afford it at the time. they wanted 300 extra just to port the exhaust side and they charged me 630 to do the heads. i got raped on them and will never go back to that shop.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
thats not too bad of a price really. why just looking at the exhaust side??? if you going to concentrate on just bare minimum, the intake side needs them the most.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they told me if you have forced induction its the exhaust that needs it most. the intake gets the air forced in so its not as critical for them to be ported. the machine shop and the mustang shop both told me opening the exhaust ports on the 2v will show the biggest gains when its supercharged. it was 630 out the door for them to shave them down and surface the heads, clean and inspect, install new valve springs, 2 new valves, install cams, rocker arms, and lash adjusters.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm hoping it will put down 500.. i don't know if the P1SC can huff enough air though.. Joe from trick tuners is doing my tune, then i might take it to the horsepower ranch and put 'er on the dyno to get some final tweaking done. if this blower doesn't cut it i'm gonna upgrade to a D1 and it should do over 600 with that one.. but i'll need bigger injectors, a BAP, and modified FPDM for that.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
i'm hoping it will put down 500.. i don't know if the P1SC can huff enough air though.. Joe from trick tuners is doing my tune, then i might take it to the horsepower ranch and put 'er on the dyno to get some final tweaking done. if this blower doesn't cut it i'm gonna upgrade to a D1 and it should do over 600 with that one.. but i'll need bigger injectors, a BAP, and modified FPDM for that.
Let me know how it goes with Joe, whenever I get my car back running again I am planning on upping the boost and have him do the tuning.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the exhaust port will benefit, but they flow enough as they sit. if the heads were like the ol push rods, the exhaust side always needed help. even when you port these heads, the exhaust side just needs a little bit of work. the intake side is pretty restrictive, and is choked pretty bad.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah.. these heads just all around suck. lol

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup.. well hopefully i can break 500 with a p1sc and unported heads. i don't know if its been done..

·
2,189 Posts
thanks, and no they're not ported.. bummer but i couldn't afford it at the time. they wanted 300 extra just to port the exhaust side and they charged me 630 to do the heads. i got raped on them and will never go back to that shop.
Local shop? That's ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thanks man.. i think it should hold up fine.. i'm going from a 3.85" pulley to a 10% OD crank pulley and a 2.8" 8 rib blower pulley. it should give me a big increase in boost.
A 2.8 with a 10% overdrive on a P-1SC???? Are you asking for shrapnel in your intake?? P-1SC is a good blower, but I don't see how the input shaft seal or output shaft seal can handle that kind of stress.

Personally, I'd recommend doing the upgrade to the D-1SC before even thinking about upping the boost past 13 psi on a P-1SC...a few years ago Procharger had a deal going on to upgrade for about $800 or so, not sure if they are still doing it though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts