Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok well if any of you read my previous posts you know i am a noob and dont know much so i need your help again...the same friends brother said to get a shift kit...for a 2004 AUTOMATIC... looked around and I cant even find one would it be good to buy one? if so how in the hell do i get one?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Shift kit is for an automatic transmission, and I wouldn't even think about putting one in if you aren't comfortable changing your tranny fluid and filter.

They change the valvebody such that shifts are firmer, and usually so that the tranny will hold gears longer when you're accelerating hard.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Why only use ford racing? You do know that some ford racing gears are made by motive..
That's just what I've always heard; supposedly other brands will whine. If motive makes FR's gears, by all means they should be just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok well thank you for info... but is there an actual shift kit... will help and will it mess ANYTHING up in my car? thank you

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
ok well thank you for info... but is there an actual shift kit... will help and will it mess ANYTHING up in my car? thank you
It will make your shifting firmer. If you like to cruise and not feel the car shift, you won't like it.

The only way it will mess up your car is if it's installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
installs are about 200. depending on the person. it wont hurt your transmission but help it because it makes the weak points stronger.

·
Registered
319 Posts
wouldnt hurt because it brings out a little HP by advancing timing ect. also your going to need it when you have the gears to correct the speedo and then you dont need it for shift kit but it helps it alot because u can tightin up your shifts.

·
Registered
319 Posts
btw i got my tuner from bama chips the sct version and they put a very nice shifting pattern on there that was designed by jerry who designed the j-mod then you wont even have to mess with the shift points ect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts