Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed it yesterday that when I go over bumps with the rear tires the shifter moves. You can feel it with your hands and see it with yours eyes. Its the stock shifter with a saleen short shift block with poly bushings. Any ideas? Did I break something?

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
does it like...jerk or something? if it just slowly moves w/ the tires going over....i dont think it's that big of a deal.....given that the tires are connected to a straight axle, which is connected to the driveshaft, which is connected to the transmission, which is in fact connected to the shifter...

but i havent noticed it with my car, maybe its normal

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its going on the lift this weekend I was just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I noticed it after I left the dragstrip ;) Hopefully nothing is broked.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
it will move a bit over bumps because the drivetrain and the body flex independant of one another. Now if it is moving like an inch or two in any direction, you may have a bad trans mount or shifter mount bushing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just recently went to poly bushings and I dont drive the car much so I might not have noticed it. I think I have had the bushings in for 1 month now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts