Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, there's a rattling noise coming from the shifter. Recently it started squealing after I've been driving it for a while. I wanna say it's the throwout bearing, or maybe the pilot bearing. I've never had a standard transmission before so this is all fairly new to me. I was also thinking maybe it's low on fluid? Is there anyway to check that? Any help would be appreciated fellas.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what the rattling noise is but I have had tons of problems with Transmission. (thankfully it was under warrenty and the dealership fixed it for free!!)

My biggest problem was my 5th gear would make a awful grinding sound if the transmission was cold. After 20 mins it would stop. I would also have a lot of gear wine from my 2-3 gears. They put several new transmissions in and it kept doing it.

What fixed these problems was using GM Synchromesh transmission fluid. Really quieted up the tranny and made it much more fluid. I'm not sure if that really helps you at all, but those are my 2 cents.

·
Jedi
279 Posts
mine has that whine and i switched to Syncromesh and it still does it unfortunatly

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn it just started making the squealing two days ago and it only makes after 2.5k rpms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts