Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been driving manual for a while now, and i do it well, but i was just wondering how you guys drive (when daily driving).

any techniques that make the clutch last longer?

slow, fast....?
you know all that good stuff

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
When you press the clutch either have it all the way in or or the way out, when the cutch is pressed halfway its when your doing the most damage to it. For example, you know those people who like to rev their cars when your starting to move, when you still have the clutch engage enough to start moving the car but to be able to rev a little, thats the worst thing you can do to your clutch.
all in all, try to release the clutch as fast as you can without using too much gas, at least thats what my dad taught me and he's a pro.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My car just got a new clutch after 115k.. you're not going to be able to make any real difference in how much longer you can go on a clutch. I agree though, don't do the rev'ing while the clutch is not fully disengaged.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
don't burn the clutch and rev match on downshifts.
rev matching is going to save your clutch a ton, my friends are retards and they just slam it into a lower gear cause it sounds cool "so they say", and he wonders why he goes through a clutch every year.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Drive the **** out of it and replace **** when it breaks. No point in having these things if we are going to drive them like a bunch of pussies!
Yes!!!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Drive the **** out of it and replace **** when it breaks. No point in having these things if we are going to drive them like a bunch of pussies!
Good call :yes

I have over 107k miles on my stock one, and it gets the **** beat outta it, but it hasn't let out on me yet :D

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Is it bad to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear?
Yes, you should start in 1st that's what it's there for lol. Then again on steeper hills I can start in 2nd just as easy as if it were 1st so it depends on the situation..but why would you even try for 3rd?

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Is it bad to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear?
in 2nd is not so bad, in 3rd it is cause the transmission has to do a lot more work to start moving the car and all that stress goes to the clutch.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Because I can. And sometimes I just don't feel like moving my arms while driving.
Good thing you only drive a 6er you lazy bastard lol :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts