Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
date Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM
subject Order 7648XX from AmericanMuscle.com has been approved

Thank you for ordering from AmericanMuscle.com!

DATE: 19-Nov-2009
ORDER #: 7648XX

Our Warehouse is Moving!
Orders placed between 12PM EST on Thursday, 11/19 through Monday, 11/23 will ship on 11/23 and 11/24. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve our service!
My order didn't ship, what happened? It says right there that it was going to ship Monday or Tuesday. Here we are at the end of Wednesday, and it hasn't shipped.

Now with the holiday, it will delay pickup until Monday the 30th. 12 days to ship is unacceptable... And I'm on the west coast, so it won't show up until about the 7th... About 19 days... WTF! If you guys didn't charge my card already...

Am I the only person having this problem?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
You sure your card was right? Right date and all that?

And maybe they are out of stock, or theres a confusion with that. Did you email customer service?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah it sure was

Product Total: $1,827.92
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Discount: $0.00
Surcharge: $0.00
Coupon Discount: ($109.68)
Grand Total: $1,718.24
BalanceDue: $0.00

I called them and spent about 20 minutes of the phone while the csr was IM'ing people, put me on hold, etc... And he still couldn't give me a straight answer. He said everything was in the warehouse and ready to go, but didn't know what the problem was, other than say they were backed up on orders. If you look, it the order was placed 3:48 minutes after the cutoff (12 noon eastern time was the cutoff, that email has 12:48pm pacific time) so I would think I should be at the front of the line...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Just wait for AMNick to chime in. AM always takes care of issues. Sometimes there are problems, but they make up for it.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^+1, Nick will get everything straightened out for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I'm sorry that you are disappointed with the turn around time of this order. As our Customer Service Rep explained to you already, your order is taking longer to process because you ordered wheels and tires, which needed to be mounted and balanced, and a chip that needed to be programmed. With either of those, there's always a few extra days added to the turnaround because they are custom made-to-order, which is noted on the availability listing on the products' pages.

Because our warehouse moved over the course of several days, we were not shipping during the time your order was placed either, which was noted both on our website and in the email that you received after the order was placed. After the move was complete our wheel & tire machines required an extra day or two before installation was complete before we could provide our Free Mounting and Balancing service.

The Customer Service Rep you were talking to did explain all of this to you when you called. We are doing our very best to get your order shipped out as quickly as possible and if there is anything we can do for you please let me know.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Customer Service Rep you were talking to did explain all of this to you when you called. We are doing our very best to get your order shipped out as quickly as possible and if there is anything we can do for you please let me know.
Actually, he did and didn't. The chip was done at the beginning of the week, so that's out of the way. The wheels & tires he was unsure of. He even told me his manager didn't know!

BTW, no where does is say that a chip or wheels & tires take additional time. If it does, it's buried somewhere.

A follow up email, or other notification would have been very helpful. The only notification I received from your company said it will ship Monday, Tuesday the latest. (See the first message in the thread)

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
All of our products have the Availability listed at the very top of the page near "Add To Cart". In addition, we also have a note listed right about the spec chart for custom chips and tuners. Here's the link to the page: SCT Mustang Performance Chips at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

And here's the text:
More SF3 Eliminator Chip Info:

**NOTE: Programming custom tunes may take 2-3 business days. Choose "Guaranteed 2 Day" for Free 2 Day shipping on custom chips only - we recommend ordering other items separately to avoid delay/shipping charges. Some heavily modified cars are not tunable with a mail order tune. Click for details."

This additional lead time is because you are ordering a custom tuned product, rather than a canned tune product, and it requires the custom tune to be written.

As far as mounting and balancing go, we list the time constraints on each tire page, plus you can find it by clicking the banner that says 'Free Mounting & Balancing' on the wheel page. I picked a random tire, but each product page is set up the same. Here's a link: NITTO Extreme Performance NT555 Tire (255/50-17) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

And here's the text (it's under the tire image, with all the other notes) : Mounted & Balanced: Please allow an extra 1 to 2 business days on your wheel and tire package for mounting and balancing.

I do apologize that you're not happy with the turnaround time. We are doing our best to get orders shipped out as quickly as possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can do anything to help.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I LOVE YOU AM!!!

Now get me more 4v stuff. :yes :D

You had to know that some of that stuff does take some time man. And it is listed pretty easily to see. I see it all the time I look on those pages. The CSR Rep is not going to know everything that is going on at every moment. And there was possibly a communication breakdown from the guys doing the wheels and tires to the CSR dept. Don't let this tarnish your idea of AM. They are doing everything right, with a just small mishap possibly.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Yea and AM's reputation far exceeds any other mustang site online. Even if there is a problem, they are still awesome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the tracking numbers 2 days ago, and was told that I was going to get the tracking number for the sct chip the next day (yesterday).

I called today and the rep first told me they were out of stock. I told him I went through the programming early last week with that dept and they said it was ready to ship so what was the prob. He talked to them and they confirmed what I said. The rep then talked to his mgr and came back and still didn't know what was going on. He said it should ship Monday but didn't know what was going on. He said the warehouse was closed today and it was too late to find out what was going on.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I'm really sorry this has turned into such a difficult order for you. I'm working with our warehouse manager to figure out what's going on with the chip for you, and I will let you know what's holding it up as soon as I have more information for you.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I know you've been working with Customer Service on this, but I want to update this thread. One of the kit parts for the chip (the cable, I believe) was out of stock. We've just received them and are working on filling all of our chip orders. As you know, your tune is written. The chip is being prepped for shipping and will be sent out guaranteed 2-day. I'll check the order again later today to see if it's shipping out this afternoon or tomorrow for you, then make sure you receive tracking information for it. I appreciate your patience with us while we've sorted things out with the new warehouse software.

Edited to add: Your chip shipped out today, you should receive it on Wednesday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts