Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at getting new struts and shocks cause my current ones have 130,000+ miles on them. basically i was wondering how to know if its a good shock and if the adjustable ones really work to the point where youll notice the difference.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
what have you done to the car and what are your goals. has it been lowered? is it stock? do you plan on taking it to the road course or drag strip? answers to those questions will help determine which shocks and struts to go with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car ha no engine mods right now. I plan on lowering it and thou I don't race I enjoy driving so I would like something that handles good

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Like Tony said, it depends on your budget and goals. You can spend less than $200 on an okay set of dampers, or you can spend $1500 and not even have the best that's available.

Dampers are second only to tires in importance for your car's handling, so it's not someplace that's good to go cheap if handling is important to you.

I recommend against adjustables for most people. Unless you know very specifically why you need them, you're better off without.

Again, your application is important. A damper designed for a handling car is going to behave different than a damper designed for a drag car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts