Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Purging my 100 shot
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new shocks to replace the stock replacements that are on the car. I was looking for some opinions/advice from guys already running drag shocks. I was thinking about lakewood 90/10 front shocks and a set of 50/50 for the rear but what do you guys reccommend? Brand? Etc I'm on a fireman budget so I cant afford Qa1 for 600 a set.. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
based on the mods in your sig, you'll be best to just go with stock replacements again.

90/10's, those big front wheels/tires & by the looks of the pic, a car thats lowered a little are a disaster in the making.

the factory springs/shocks/struts on new edge GT's are quite good for drag racing with a bolt on car anyway.

if you must do something, at least do 70/30's

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
You might be pretty happy with some strange adjustable shocks. They aren't that expensive and you can adjust them to what you like.

·
Purging my 100 shot
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm slowly building my car. I'm gonna be stroking my 4.6 by next summer with MMR 5.0 stroker kit and doing heads, cams and spray. Just trying to buy stuff now that I'll need then. The tires are 17x9 with 245/45/17 but I will have a set of slicks and skinnies for the track.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Well I'm slowly building my car. I'm gonna be stroking my 4.6 by next summer with MMR 5.0 stroker kit and doing heads, cams and spray. Just trying to buy stuff now that I'll need then. The tires are 17x9 with 245/45/17 but I will have a set of slicks and skinnies for the track.
Do some research on the stroker before you bite the bullet. I got on for my blower and the low end, where a stroker should help is identical. If I did it again Id save the extra cash and just get a forged 4.6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts