Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good shock for the rear of my car to help the bounce of the springs,they are not real bouncy but more than i want..i have monroe sensa tracs on it now,but they are about 3 years old,i was looking at the tokico shocks on am and the kyb gr2 and adjust shock at cjpony.

and here is a before and after of the springs,first is c springs without iso

cjpont prokit without iso not fully settled

mach 1 grile delete

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I have Koni Str.ts and they are plenty stiff for me. After a friend drove my car, he said that the ride alone made him think that his shocks were bad. There is virtually no bounce. AND, they're relatively cheap, especially compared to Bilsteins. I've heard decent things about Tokico blue's too. If you have the money, get Bilsteins. If you dont, I'd recommend Koni's.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The Koni STR.T's are comparable in price to the Tokico Blues, but the Koni is a much better shock. You must have been looking at the sport's prices, and yeah, they're pricey, but the STR.T's are very reasonable, especially for what you get.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
It took about a month for the fronts to come in for me because autopartsdealer had them on backorder at the time. The rears shipped within 5 days though

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just ordered a set of the Koni STR.T's and total cost was under $300. Got them from auto anything. Do searches online for coupons for the companies and it will save you a bunch. I think I got a coupn for 15-20% off, so that was pretty good.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i emailed cjpony just to see what shock they recommend,ans this is what they said

Below is what my tech department wanted me to pass along about your springs.
Thank you
Phil

They will ride rough new shock may help with the bounciness and the ride if his old shock are weak

We have KYB shocks that are adjustable, and would work well on you car. Our part # is KYB16. Also the springs should have came with a smaller bump stop to replace the stock one. If it wasn’t installed it might be bottoming out on that.

the kyb is 106 shipped,but would the koni shocks still be better,and they are alot cheaper

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The KYB AGX's (the cheaper adjustable ones) have been widely known to have problems with leaking with low mileage on them, so I'd stay away from them. I've seen them with less than 10k miles leaking already, and they're not as nice as the other adjustables like the Koni Sports or Tokico Adjustables.

I would stick with the Konis, but that's up to you. For a street car, you're going to set them once, play with them a few times, and then never touch them again anyways.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok,i think im just going to go with the koni shocks and be done with it....im going to get around to getting the rubber top in the week sometime

1 - 19 of 19 Posts