Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the OEM Tokico's twin tube or monotube shocks?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Easy! Dont rush now...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i believe they are twin tube because Tokico is known for the gas twin tubed shocks. But I may be wrong..

I will double check. Weems, would you say the twin tube KYB Gr-2's are a good setup for a DD?

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
i personally havent heard anything about those.

i run KYB AGX ajustables and they are great. And my car is a 100% DD.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i personally havent heard anything about those.

i run KYB AGX ajustables and they are great. And my car is a 100% DD.

The thing is i dont see the justification in having adjustables if i never plan on using them. They offer a lifetime warranty correct? If so, you'll just get them replaced for after wear and tear?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not sure about the warranty, but i only ajust mine from street to strip. not that hard, turn of a dial
Only reason i ask is because they state to have a limited lifetime warranty. I was curious what the limited standards are. Im sure its not hard but i still dont see why I would need to pay 117 dollars per strut.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know about the warranty but im sure its just like most, bullshit. I would not rely on it but I have had mine on for about 30k now with no problems what so ever. And you already know this but you get what you pay for. Bilstein also makes good shocks and struts and you can get the package for a little cheaper. Bilstein Shocks & Struts at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I agree with you 110%. On both the warranty and "you get what you pay for". heres the link to the strut

KYB GR-2 front struts 94-04 Mustangs - each - StangSuspension.com

the shocks im still in a debating process

KYB GR-2 rear shocks 94-04 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

KYB Gas-A-Just rear shock 94-04 - each - StangSuspension.com

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I had the gas on my 91 coupe and i liked them. Between those two thats what I would go with. The GR's seem like more of just a replacement shock.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
If you want a replacement then yeah go ahead and get the GR's. They would be perfect for ya.

No problem dude. Hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What do you guys think of the Tokico HP shocks/struts and springs? I just purchased for $414.99 out the door. I have a daily driver that I wont be doing any auto cross, but still want better handling and ride quality then stock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sorry about that as well, I was trying to get some input. Sweet2k an AzSonicSnake seemed to be the only ones that replied. Also it was one of the topics at the bottom of my post and I did not look at the date. I'm a NEWB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts