Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both my rear shocks have a crack in them? is this just the cover or is this something i need to worried about? and how big of issue is this?

i also got around to painting my fenderwells today sence my boss isnt working today. i just got the rears done because i ran out of paint. they look so glossy bc i just took the pic aftr i put some clear coat on.
"drivers side"
"drivers side"
pssnger side
pssnge side

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and i know i got a little bit of black on the shocks but my tape didn't stay so i was like ehh screw it no biggy

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
It's been a long time since I worked with my shocks, are the shocks themselves cracked or are those just dust boots? How many miles are on your shocks?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
144k? I had to replace mine at 100k. Those dust boots generally shouldn't just crack unless the car is putting enough weight on them (shocks that are working properly shouldn't allow that). You should look into replacing the shocks and the dust boots. Check on your struts as well if they've got just as many miles on them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah it makes it look alot cleaner. buy more than one can. i ran on in just one coat. but ya it does look alot nicer. not that any 1 notices but i know its there so it kills me :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and what shocks/struts would you recommend from AM or somewhere else? do you think i would need new springs to? everytime i got to my exhaust shop and ask they say no it looks good. but they have alot of miles on them

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
get some tokcio blues (latemodelrestoration.com, americanmuscle.com) or bilstein hd's (maximummotorsports.com)

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,086 Posts
just replaced my shocks at 110K yesturday. I think they need to be replaced. Dust boot's don't just crack unless the car is slamming down on them

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
R&r

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
my boots look way worse than that and im at 120k, 70k on sportlines(2in drop) :eek: i finally have new ones on the way

i like the black fender wells btw :yes

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just ordered some eibach springs and struts and shocks from am. for the whole car. should be put in next friday hopefuly. ill get them thurs. and in the mean time i am going to be putting my exhaust out the rear. im going to that stupid shop to have him cut the holes then go to my exhaust shop that does all my custom work for me. and is like 8$ cheaper an Hr. so good deal :).

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
i just ordered some eibach springs and struts and shocks from am. for the whole car. should be put in next friday hopefuly. ill get them thurs. and in the mean time i am going to be putting my exhaust out the rear. im going to that stupid shop to have him cut the holes then go to my exhaust shop that does all my custom work for me. and is like 8$ cheaper an Hr. so good deal :).
:thumbup

·
Registered
730 Posts
niceee i painted mine with rubberized undercoating :D took 5 seconds looks 150% better

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
What did you clean the fenderwells with prior to painting? One thing I hate is having to jack up the car and removing these 2 ton wheels that I have! Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts