Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm about to buy some new shocks/struts and I've always like the performance of the Strange 10 way adjustable, but most of the full of themselves d bags over at corral seem to like Bilstein....I've never had any experience with them, what do you think? Strange 10 way > Bilstein or Bilstein> Strange 10 way......or even another brand, this is for street/strip btw

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Strange allows you to adjust to your needs where as bilsteins do not.
Bilsteins are very nice I run them on my gmc syclone due to them being very firm.
For your fox I would go with the strange struts and shocks, find a good adjustment for the street then dial it in at the track.. then on your way home switch it back to the street config can't beat that.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking.....

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
think im going to do coil overs up front while im at it, anything wrong with the strange kit?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
the bilstiens would be ideal if you were running a mm suspension setup and took turns more then straight line and from what i've seen on my brother's car competition engineering adjustables suck.. He love the stranges he swapped in place of the comp engineering ones.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
The problem is, 99.9% of people, myself included, can not tune a suspension properly. The reason the bilsteins are good is exactly what you said... Engineers have designed them for the best of all works... "Set it and forget it".

Adjustments are great... IF you know what you are doing. If you dont, like me, then all the adjusting in the wrold is a waste of time. People recommend the bilsteins for a reason... they are very good all around shocks.

That being said, I have Koni Yellow adjustables. I really dont know what i"m doing.. all I know, is that I go to the track, turn them all the way to stiff, and thats it. I will get Bilsteins next.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Are the strange struts adjustable in compression, or rebound, or general compression&rebound?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
the strange shocks have one adjustment(not sure if its compression or rebound however) they are pretty easy to adjust if you want weight transfer(drag) make em soft if you want handling(track, autocross, ect) make em stiffer. they come with a chart

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
If you lift the front end on launch, on the soft settings, do you run a risk of bottoming out the shock with the soft setting?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
im sure you could if you bottomed out the adjuster on the soft side. they dont reccomend going all the way down to 1 i think.
edit. i cant see the wheel having enough force to slam all the way down to the bottom of the shock but you never know

·
Banned
464 Posts
Congradufuckinglations, you can copy and paste, if your going to be a jackass don't post, thanks
how is everybody being a douchebag over there???
i didn't see any douchebag like responses...

and yes, i would vote 10 ways. you would have gotten that answer a lot more if you would have posted in the drag racing section.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problem is, 99.9% of people, myself included, can not tune a suspension properly. The reason the bilsteins are good is exactly what you said... Engineers have designed them for the best of all works... "Set it and forget it".

Adjustments are great... IF you know what you are doing. If you dont, like me, then all the adjusting in the wrold is a waste of time. People recommend the bilsteins for a reason... they are very good all around shocks.

That being said, I have Koni Yellow adjustables. I really dont know what i"m doing.. all I know, is that I go to the track, turn them all the way to stiff, and thats it. I will get Bilsteins next.
I go with these guys to the track

They know what's going on

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how is everybody being a douchebag over there???
i didn't see any douchebag like responses...

and yes, i would vote 10 ways. you would have gotten that answer a lot more if you would have posted in the drag racing section.
Not in that thread specifically, I've read plenty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts