Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got to change the ride of Black Betty before I do any other mods.
I'm looking for a adjustable Shocks & Struts, so that when my wife is riding along with me, I don't have to hear how hard the ride is. Betty has been lowered & I knew I was going to have to do this sooner than later, but sooner came allot faster than I thought. I've been thinking about the Tokico D-Spec kit; what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I have D-Specs, they are fine.

If you have the $$$, Koni yellows are supposed to be superior.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
^^^ Or Blisten HD's. :D

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I would go with the adjustable Konis and if you can't than get the Tokico D-Specs. I'm running the Tokico D-Specs on my car and I like them. The quality and performance of the Konis are better though.

^^^ Or Blisten HD's. :D
Don't waste your money. They are more than overpriced. I don't know why they are so expensive for the S197. Yet they are super cheap for trucks.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
I would go with the adjustable Konis and if you can't than get the Tokico D-Specs. I'm running the Tokico D-Specs on my car and I like them. The quality and performance of the Konis are better though.

Don't waste your money. They are more than overpriced. I don't know why they are so expensive for the S197. Yet they are super cheap for trucks.
are they really bad for the s197?!?1
for us they arent too bad, but im still going with d-specs...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Have you considered non adjustable shock/strut? Since your car lowered I would suggest a shock that is tuned and adjusted for lowered suspension. ST Suspensions makes a great shock/strut for the stang. $380 shipped.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
I bought a set of Koni Streets, the orange ones since the struts for the Koni yellows a nearly impossible to get a hold of unless you want to be on a wait list, at least what I found. I don't intend on doing much that I'd need an adj. set of shocks/struts other than a little auto xing and I still didn't think it was worth it. Spent $380 shipped for my Koni streets (the orange ones) and that was $40 in shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts