Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know that I'm one of those 6er kids, but answer this and I'll be out of your hair. I was looking around on our Mach and noticed that it has Tokiko shocks and struts. Are these factory?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright cool. Damn that thing is SO much fun to drive. Puts my car to total and complete shame. And it kicked my car out of the garage which makes me sad but I guess it's for the best, lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, indeed. I wish my dad would let me drive it to school for a day, lol. Oh, and we have some gear lube leaking out the back and it's not coming from the rear end housing. Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
haha, indeed. I wish my dad would let me drive it to school for a day, lol. Oh, and we have some gear lube leaking out the back and it's not coming from the rear end housing. Any ideas?
some people really lube the **** out of the control arms to keep them from squeaking. if its not coming from the axle, thats the only thing i can think of form the rear.

you sure its not coming from the axle?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
If it's coming out of the rear end of the car and it is gear oil leaking then it has to be coming from the diff.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
If it's coming out of the rear end of the car and it is gear oil leaking then it has to be coming from the diff.
exactly what im thinking.

dont see how lube on the control arms could really leak, maybe a cunthair drip every now and then. and the only fluids back there are diff lube, brake fluid, and fuel. fuel would evaporate quickly, and would smell, brakefluid would be clear and look nothing like diff.

pretty much points towards the axle housing leaking somewhere.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, I know for a fact that it's gear lube because I've, unfortunately, had to take apart the rear of my car before, but it's been sitting there for about a month in the garage and has a nice little puddle underneath it now...idk, my dad thinks it might be a pinion seal or something like that

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
yea, I know for a fact that it's gear lube because I've, unfortunately, had to take apart the rear of my car before, but it's been sitting there for about a month in the garage and has a nice little puddle underneath it now...idk, my dad thinks it might be a pinion seal or something like that
Probably is. Had gears put in it? If so, they probably didn't use a ford seal. Clean up the floor and slide a big piece of cardboard under there and see where it is coming from. Don't want the diff to go empty. That would blow big monkey balls there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No gears. Only other owner was some old guy and his wife who just took it on road trips every now and then. And I just checked and it's luckily not the diff which is great! But ever since taking the axle out of mine, I've never wanted to smell gear oil again. Unfortunately, my dreams didn't come true, lol. Haha, those people own like three kwik kar's and they sold the Mach for a freakin' Viper...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts