Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car repaired after an accident and the retarded shop forgot to tighten the lugnuts on one of my wheels so it almost fell off on the freeway. I pulled over because it was making bad noises and the steering wheel was shaking. Then I took the cover off the wheel and noticed 3 lugnuts barely threaded on and 2 that were stuck in place. I tried to remove one of them and the stud broke off. How can a shop forget to tighten lugnuts? I didn't know you could be that stupid.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just got my car repaired after an accident and the retarded shop forgot to tighten the lugnuts on one of my wheels so it almost fell off on the freeway. I pulled over because it was making bad noises and the steering wheel was shaking. Then I took the cover off the wheel and noticed 3 lugnuts barely threaded on and 2 that were stuck in place. I tried to remove one of them and the stud broke off. How can a shop forget to tighten lugnuts? I didn't know you could be that stupid.
:eek:

What Douchebags.........

Your wheels lug holes are probably egg shaped now.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some shops just dont give a ****! I own a shop and we double check everything. You should always go to a shop that you have heard good things about or if thats not an option check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
See if they have complaints against them,because chances are if they did it to you they have done it to someone else before you. The good news is your not hurt and the car was not wrecked because this could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had that happen to me from a well known big coporation, it was about 2 years ago to my 94 Mustang. Only I heard some weird noise coming from the back left couldn't tell what the hell it was and after about 1/2 mile from the shop the tire fell off. Car came down on the tire first so it crushed my bumber and that went up into the next back left piece. Snapped the two lugs that were tightened off, and I'm lucky the tire didn't go into on coming traffic. It missed 2 cars and ended up in a bush.

Oh yeah new to the forum hello everyone. lol

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I've had that happen to me from a well known big coporation, it was about 2 years ago to my 94 Mustang. Only I heard some weird noise coming from the back left couldn't tell what the hell it was and after about 1/2 mile from the shop the tire fell off. Car came down on the tire first so it crushed my bumber and that went up into the next back left piece. Snapped the two lugs that were tightened off, and I'm lucky the tire didn't go into on coming traffic. It missed 2 cars and ended up in a bush.

Oh yeah new to the forum hello everyone. lol
dang this kinda stuff would suck.. sorry for you guys.. oh and :welcome to the forums

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
How can a shop forget to tighten lugnuts? I didn't know you could be that stupid.
It's easy ...once a shop forgot to put my wheel back on and I didn't get half way home when I noticed no wheel and had to turn around and head back to the shop. Can you imgine the damage my rim took. Boy, talk about stupid!:eek:jk

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
My step-dad was driving my truck (well the familys truck) to myrtle he just left for bike-week 2 years ago had his harley in the back with camping supplies and stuff and he just got new tires put on it and he got 10 miles down the interstate and the wheel passed him on the highway and two 18 wheelers blocked traffic behide him so he could get it pulled over the wheel rolled for a mile LOL he went back and almost kicked the guys A** he was highly upset but the harley wasnt hurt so he let it go and they had to fix it

I dont know what its called the rotor thing or whatever the tires goes on was all messed up and it cost them like 1k$ to fix it all

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
go back and tell them to buy you a new rim, fix all problems, or fork up the cash and have it fixed elsewhere they already messed up once, and whatever you had done, make them give you the money back for that to

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Man, I think I would take the wheel and tire off, take it to the shop, and then proceed to throw the wheel and tire assembly at the manager. He may get the idea by that point.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Some shops just dont give a ****! I own a shop and we double check everything. You should always go to a shop that you have heard good things about or if thats not an option check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
See if they have complaints against them,because chances are if they did it to you they have done it to someone else before you. The good news is your not hurt and the car was not wrecked because this could have been a lot worse.
the BBB is just a "seal of certification" Companies are not required to register with the BBB. But even if they arent backed by the BBB...you can still win in a legal battle...just deal with a crap load of paperwork. i got hosed bad by a tune shop...but didnt figure it out till it was too late.

inspect everything related to the wheel that had the problem...take pictures of everything...the shop will be held responsible, if you have proof they did the damage.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
It's easy ...once a shop forgot to put my wheel back on and I didn't get half way home when I noticed no wheel and had to turn around and head back to the shop. Can you imgine the damage my rim took. Boy, talk about stupid!:eek:jk
I'm sitting here saying to myself could a man with such a cool car be really so dumb.....

u had me goin there for a second

1 - 20 of 27 Posts