Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm wanting to wax mine and my sisters car. Mine's a DSG Mach and hers a brightish red Cobalt.

I was thinking wash, clay bar, then a sealant then wax?

Is it possible to do a sealant with hand and would it be good to use before waxing?

I was going to get the CG Pete's 53 with some Jetseal to use before it. Would there be enough of these products for 2 cars you think? And I was just going to get the CG medium clay combo to use would one combo be alright for both cars or should I get 2 combos?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
You can apply sealant by hand. There should be enough product between those two to cover about 12 cars or so if not more.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Depends on what you're after. You could use both, using Jetseal first and letting it cure, but you could just do two coats of it and be done. There's quite a few options and really comes down to how much time and money you want to invest into it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on what you're after. You could use both, using Jetseal first and letting it cure, but you could just do two coats of it and be done. There's quite a few options and really comes down to how much time and money you want to invest into it.
If it makes a considerable difference I don't mind paying at all for the Jetseal and using it before waxing, I just want to make sure it will make a 40 dollar difference. haha

Oh and should I get 2 clay bar combos or would 1 be good enough for 2 cars?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If it makes a considerable difference I don't mind paying at all for the Jetseal and using it before waxing, I just want to make sure it will make a 40 dollar difference. haha

Oh and should I get 2 clay bar combos or would 1 be good enough for 2 cars?
One clay bar kit should be enough. The difference won't come from the wax. It alwaus comes from the job done before the wax. Wax is only there for protection. The gloss comes from your polishing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One clay bar kit should be enough. The difference won't come from the wax. It alwaus comes from the job done before the wax. Wax is only there for protection. The gloss comes from your polishing.
Yeah I know, and since I'm not doing any polishing or anything like that I was just asking if this sealant would help protect and give it a nice little shine to it before waxing? If not I'd rather save the 40 dollars. Have you used jetseal 109 before?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I have not. I don't buy alot of stuff out of my norm really. I have my set products and learn to use to those better. I like Blackfire Wet Diamond, Natty's, Collinite, and Swissvax as far as waxes go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts