Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am now stuck on what short throw shifter i should get. i have never dealt with them before so i dont know the good ones from the bad ones...any advice on whats a good brand, and how much i should plan for an install?

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I have a Tri-ax, it's significantly better than stock, but it's definitely notchy. Shifts aren't 1->2, 2->3, etc... they're 1->N->2, 2->N->3. I hear good things about the MGW, and it's usually what gets recommended here.

I would suggest either the Tri-ax, Pro-5.0, or MGW, and would avoid any no-name shifters. Do you really want to risk your tranny for $100?

·
Registered
489 Posts
just was checking the shortshifters...what would be the difference between

83-93-99-04 FORD MUSTANG QUICK SHORT SHIFTER THROW:eBay Motors (item 330381458619 end time Dec-27-09 18:01:28 PST)

and

Steeda Tri-ax Shifter 01-04 Mustang TR360 :eBay Motors (item 160371916744 end time Jan-20-10 10:24:30 PST)

i mean the not known brand for 70$ and steed for 166$ (including shipping)??

does quality in short shifters really make a big difference?
I usually wouldn't be concerned about quality when it comes to solid/fixed parts like CAI's and such but when it comes to moving parts like a shifter that will be used allot and it gets beat on depending how you drive, I'd get the good stuff. And you can find a Tri-Ax cheap on Ebay or Craigslist for $80 in real good condition.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have found some Tri-Ax for $160+ shipiing for middle east something like 80$, still expensive...so what for the moment i will do is postpond on short shift...get myself a CAI...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts