Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a tranny kit, clutch, and a short throw.
Just wanted to see what kind of shifters ppl are using, and what they think about them.
I'm looking at the MGW, a lot of ya'll were saying it was great

thanks ya'll
scott

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
im using a hurst and i like it, but many people will say MGW and untill a few weeks ago i would disagree with them, but i actually installed one on my buddys 01 and test drove it and man MGW is the tits, i actually want to sell my hurst so i can get a MGW lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha well hurst was another one i was looking at, so thanks for the input man
does the mgw put the boot at a funny angle? it looks like it would stretch it out kinda weird the way the handle is mounted

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Another for the MGW. I LOVE mine. Crisp shifts, nice and short, and just all around very very nice.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good to know, thanks.
I think i'll order that dust boot for it too, looks like it'll seal pretty tight

yeah, the pro 5.0 looks pretty good too, what's special about that "special patented **** mechanism" every site says it, and no one explains it lol
gotta say you have the best icon haha

·
Registered
979 Posts
Pro 5.0 here too. I love it. It is shorter than stock, feels very strong and sturdy when you are hitting the gears hard. 2nd to 3rd is effortless when speed shifting. You just slam it forward almost and it goes to 3rd for you. Just cruising around town, just a little nudge with your thumb and first finger puts you in 1,3,5, and a slight pull with even one finger clicks it down to 2,4.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 for the MGW, it does look pretty good, and i'm picky about where the knob is (i cut and welded my stock one haha) so it's cool that it's completely adjustable
anyone build up their transmission? My 2nd gears been grinding forever (thinking a bent shift fork) so i'm going to go ahead and build it up for the blower motor

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Pro 5.0

Dat patent son :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how the handle on 5.0? looks kinda long
any adjustment?

·
Registered
979 Posts
The handle is straight up and down, so no bends like some of the others out there, as for moing it up or down, there is if I remember right, three different holes you can use to set the handle hight. I have mine pretty low. I didn't realize how low it was till I drove a stock stick again. The shifter base and the handle are about 1/2 in. thick billit steel I believe, so when you put them together it makes a strong platform. You won't have to worry about it breaking.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the pro 5.0 looks pretty indestructable, tough choice between the mgw and pro 5.0
anyone had experience with both?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Make sure you refill that tranny with some synchromesh....silky smooth shifting...and MGW all the way..... I love how I can adjust the placement and its so nice and close shifting and its not real expensive...get it ...you will not be disapointed

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Its always a battle between pro 5.0 and mgw but id probaly get mgw if i had a choice again but the pro 5.0 was alot cheaper if i remember?? thats why i got it..Its just as good the only down fall is, that it doesnt have any adjustment for the heighth but its nice where it is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well thanks for all the input guys! I think i'll go with mgw, i'll let ya'll know what i think when i get it installed!

·
Registered
374 Posts
MGW :yes ive had cars with pro 5.0 steeda tri ax i didnt like either love the mgw, smooth, direct channel for 3rd pro 5.0 is ok.. but it was to notchy for me.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The one thing I'd do...that I really don't know if it be very smart...is put a like...1/2 or 3/4 inch hole thread it and put a plug for tranny fluid changes...I just changed mine and I almost thought I wasn't going to get the shifter off...I had to use a pry bar...which isn't very good...

·
Registered
374 Posts
The one thing I'd do...that I really don't know if it be very smart...is put a like...1/2 or 3/4 inch hole thread it and put a plug for tranny fluid changes...I just changed mine and I almost thought I wasn't going to get the shifter off...I had to use a pry bar...which isn't very good...
LMFAO damn.......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts