Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Blu Thunder shifter from UPR. It said in the instructions that I would hear some gear whine and more noise than normal, but I hit 4k in first and let off the gas and it seemed like gear clash at the tip of the gears, but in third gear it didn't do it so I know I set the bump stops correct. It did that loud whine/'grind' twice and hasn't done it since. If I put that rubber boot back on that was on the factory shifter would I not notice it anymore, because they said that without the boot that it would expose noises that are always there regardless, they're just more prominent.

·
Registered
179 Posts
this is true. when you remove the spacer between the shifter base and the shifter "knob rod" you will hear more trans noise. This is normal from what I understand. I have had a pro5.0 and a Steeda Triaxe and they both did the same thing. The solution is to get louder exhaust and roll down the windows:D

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
You shouldn't have adjusted the stops at all. The T3650 has internal stops and if you set it up so that you have a shorter than designed shift it will cause damage to the transmission.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the bump stops on the UPR shifter.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that's the case, then you better believe that UPR is paying for it because those lock nuts were DEFINITELY not tight and I had to adjust them .030 away from the shifter like it told me to. And they better be close because I used feeler gauges.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
You want them as far away from the shifter handle/lever as possible so that the tranny stops the shift and not the shifter.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, well I knew that. Lol. I know the T-45 didn't have internal stops, but yeah, I put it in 3rd, touched off the bolt and backed off .030 like it said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts