Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car makes 370 right now on a conservative tune because my dad had the tuner hold back since it was my daily driver at the time for work, well now im going for the most hp i can. I am doing 292 blower cams right now..I hear the typhoon intake does about 25-30 rwhp..and i might bring my car back up higher some and do longtubes, its too low right now and will drag too bad. Im wondering if my shortblock will handle 475 rwhp? JPC where i get my car tuned, justins performance center wont even dyno it over 400 rwhp on stock block.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
keep dreaming on that 475rwhp bandit. I lol'd.

And keep dreaming on that intake giving you that much hp.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a 2v stock block made 450rwhp with that Novo 2k....I would realyl need to trust my tuner for that power on stock internals.

Bandity are u are stock redline?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw proof baker, and yes for now, i am doing new springs and cams so i will bump it up a little

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
anyone knows if you can bump it up to 6300 to 6500 with spray and boost alone?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you better hope he is a BADASS tuner. and that intake is NOT going to net you that? post the dyno sheet. Im going to say 430rwhp max!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
a p1sc can NOT be compared to a novi 2k. LOL

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baker i can do it but not going over 425 then, ill just do the cams, no more motor mods. not blowing it, Im going to knock you off then im done lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i wasn't trying to compared more or less saying poeple run that 450rwhp...

can the redline be raised?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol... aight. Mine could be bumped up also but why? My tune is crazy safe + dyno was done in 108 degree shop. Dont forget my car has 150,000 miles. LOL. Bandit, you should be able to surpass my numbers but your tuner cant do it! lol...

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More miles is probably better with a blower as long as it dont break a rod, you must of got a really good car out of the batch then

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
why would it be better with more miles?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol.... better having more miles? Youve motorboated WAY to much and its rattled your brain loose. haha

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ahh I have a crazy story about motorboating

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
less compression, better with blower

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
if its less compression its for wear and tear...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandit..... youre high!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So they make low compression motors for blowers for no reason? so im going to build high compression for blower. sounds good dude

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Please stay away from the typhoon intake. I'm sure ported it might help some, but I have heard tons more negetive comments than positive. I have also seen some leak on the water crossover and several actually lose power.

I made close to 600 with a stock one and a S-trim. I also made 515 with the stock heads, intake, and the S292 cams with around 12-13 psi.

It weighs more, and gets heat soaked because it's metal. If it where a better design it would make up for getting heat soaked but unless you port it, it's just a metal copy of a the stock intake.

I noticed once my metal TFS gets heat soaked it starts losing some power.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol..... aight then factor in my springs in my heads giving out at about 5100 or 5200 rpms due to being wore slap out.... thats prolly better too huh?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts