Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was about to install my new radio in the 96 mustang and i told my buddy to unplug the battery so he said he did earlier. but no he didnt and some wires touched now the clock radio and speedometer doesnt work can this be fixed or what do i need to by as far as wiring harnesses. please keep this thread in the 96-98 mustang forums.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I think its number 8 or 10 that blew. I have had that happen many times when putting in a radio or w/e. You are almost done with the beast arent you?

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Fuses man, left side under your steering wheel, i had a blown one that would work for the same things because the guy before me when he took out the stereo he just cut all the wires.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank god its something like fuses i have a **** load from the extra dash i have out of the scrap mustang :) and yes it is done exept i have to make it legal (inspection, tags, insurance, and getting the title changed to salvaged due to the major damage from the wreck) but its ok i dont ever plan on selling it. my great grandfather bought it for me a week before dieing his first car he bought with his own money was a 65 mustang so he thought i deserved to have mustang fever too :).

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
thank god its something like fuses i have a **** load from the extra dash i have out of the scrap mustang :) and yes it is done exept i have to make it legal (inspection, tags, insurance, and getting the title changed to salvaged due to the major damage from the wreck) but its ok i dont ever plan on selling it. my grandfather bought it for me a week before dieing his first car he bought with his own money was a 65 mustang gt so he thought i deserved to have mustang fever too :).
Pretty wicked story man! Sorry to hear about your loss though:sorry my dad tells me, keep your '96 GT forever, you will miss is when your older. He talks about how much he misses his '85 cobra.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
he was great he served in one of the wars before i was born even got a purple heart award. and he always took me fishing every single saturday. just all the fun stuff a great grandpa does when you are thier only great grandchild. i hope my newborn son will have mustang fever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts