Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys!! I was wondering is there any similarity in the performance, sound and effectiveness between LT's and Shorties with Hi-Flo Cats? Does anyone have a similar setup or vids? Been that I have a blower, I guess is how they say... what goes in must come out :shiftyeyes I guess that didn't sound right, but you get the point. Please educate me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
With both you have have gains both sound and performance wise. With the LT's you will have a much bigger jump in the difference. Esp. with F/I you will have a jump in HP/TQ in the LT's much more so than with the shorties. Sound with LT's is much deeper from what I have personally heard. I just had BBK LT's installed with my paxton setup, I am waiting on the results from the dyno tune @ Brenspeed. I will let you know the gains. Awesome ride by the way, I love the Fanblades!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I don't think you will see much in performance with shorties, and the sound doesn't even compare to LT's. Performance and tone is a plus plus with LT's. Don't waste your money on shorties.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With both you have have gains both sound and performance wise. With the LT's you will have a much bigger jump in the difference. Esp. with F/I you will have a jump in HP/TQ in the LT's much more so than with the shorties. Sound with LT's is much deeper from what I have personally heard. I just had BBK LT's installed with my paxton setup, I am waiting on the results from the dyno tune @ Brenspeed. I will let you know the gains. Awesome ride by the way, I love the Fanblades!
Thanks for the compliment and help. Let me know how your number turn out to be. By the way, gotta join the Paxton crew now lol.

I don't think you will see much in performance with shorties, and the sound doesn't even compare to LT's. Performance and tone is a plus plus with LT's. Don't waste your money on shorties.
How about with Hi-Flo Cats, would that make a difference?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well but would the hiflo cats give advantage to shorties to catch up with the LT's?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok let me try to make this simpler. How hiflo is hiflo compared to factory cats and how do they influence in the performance of shorties.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its not gonna make a huge difference, especially since you can do the same thing with the LTs later down the road, but youre done with the shorties.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Yeah, maybe a few HP at most depending on the application(F/I, stock, bolt ons, cammed, stroked etc). I'd really like to see a dyno test done of stock cats vs high flow cats.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yeah, maybe a few HP at most depending on the application(F/I, stock, bolt ons, cammed, stroked etc). I'd really like to see a dyno test done of stock cats vs high flow cats.
The differences would be so small that people would call BS that you'd never be able to truly test it. Ya know?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have a blower. Would that help with the outflow of pressure. :dunno

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't like the idea of cats on any performance FI vehicle............have heard too many horror stories about cats failing, and causing MAJOR engine damage. Just throwing that out there FWIW to you guys.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't like the idea of cats on any performance FI vehicle............have heard too many horror stories about cats failing, and causing MAJOR engine damage. Just throwing that out there FWIW to you guys.
Even on moderate driving? Do hiflo cats help in any way?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Even on moderate driving? Do hiflo cats help in any way?
Moderate driving or not it has nothing to do with it IMO. The cat can break down with moderate or babying the car. The cat can break down with beating the piss out of the car. All of which will clog the cat and cause boost to go through the roof and in turn blow the motor. I don't think with a mild set-up you don't have to worry too much but I think anything over 475-500 rwhp you should ditch the cats if you can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts