Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just sold some **** off of my rc truck (traxxas slash 4x4) and now I have exactly $208 lol. I want a o/r mid pipe. What is the difference between a bbk shorty o/r h than a bbk o/r h? I also need money for a mil eliminator kit cause I'm not driving around with the dumb ass light on lol. I want a pypes o/r x but it'd be too much with that and a mil kit.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
imo upr x sounds better then bbk x but thats just me

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Shorty O/R H is shorter to accomodate long tubes. The regular O/R H pipe is to accomodate stock exhaust manifolds or shorty headers.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shorty O/R H is shorter to accomodate long tubes. The regular O/R H pipe is to accomodate stock exhaust manifolds or shorty headers.
So I have, stock headers, manifolds but the exception of a custom shop exhaust I think. And what your saying is that I won't be able to use a shorty h pipe? If so I guess I might just get the pipes x then get a mil kit later

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nope, you need a regular length H or X. Shorties are designed to be shorter to accomodate the extra length introduced with long tube headers.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
personally I would avoid BBK altogether
Yeah, I would too, at least when it comes to exhaust parts anyway. I bought my BBK O/R X before I ever realized how low they sat. Can't complain about the sound though. I went from a catted X (Don't know what brand, doesn't say on it and I bought the car with it) to a BBK O/R X. Bought it used for only $100 so I don't care.

Eventually I'll go with a Bassani X and Borla stingers. One of the best combos out there IMO.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 04Machsy and Kevin. I think I'll just buy a pypes o/r x. Is there any way other than the mil kit to turn off that cel? I don't really want to drive with that on

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Not for less $$$ than the MILs. I have an SCT Livewire tuner to turn the light off when it comes on every couple weeks for me, but it was over $550 when I bought it. I'm pretty sure you can turn it off with the cheaper SCT SF3, but it's still $379.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not for less $$$ than the MILs. I have an SCT Livewire tuner to turn the light off when it comes on every couple weeks for me, but it was over $550 when I bought it. I'm pretty sure you can turn it off with the cheaper SCT SF3, but it's still $379.
Damn. I might sell him some more parts then. Im with you on the bassani o/r x and stingers. Car I was supposed to get had that set up. Sold it a day before I went to get it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Short or long depends on how the manufacture states it. Most refer to header lenght so shorties refer to the header and thats what you have stock so you need a mid pipe for shorties and they are often labled shortie. Thats how MAC states it. Also if money is tight account for the random needs like a gasket, RTV and crap like that. I needed a grinder to chop some bolts out when I did my H install. I had to extend my O2 on the pas side just so it wasnt too tight. You can just splice in wire for that or buy extensions.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I might make my own. Doesn't look to hard

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Why? I mean I'd avoid them just for the goofy name of 'Pypes' but I haven't really heard anything bad about them.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My friend has the pypes o/r x on his and the fitament was perfect. I think I'm gonna buy a jlt cai then start saving for a bassani o/r x and mil eliminators. Then slp lm1s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts