Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the track for the first time tonight. ran a 13.484 at 105.54 with mods in sig + h&r springs. should i be dissapointed with this? my best 60' was 2.066. my flatout best run didnt get a correct time, slip says the timers autostart was off :mad: wish a [email protected] was real haha

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
that's pretty good. i used to get a 13.6 iirc with a jlt & tune on kdw2's. bolted on some et streets and that dropped to 12.89's

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DEFINETLY need to get some dr's. thinkin bout buying some nitto nt05r's to throw on the stockers i have liein in the garage. hopefully ill cut into the 12's when this happens too

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would definetly help to be able to launch higher than 3k rpm w/o having to worry about slipping. my second run i tried to go from 3500.....bad idea

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i was launching at 5k and i think i was getting 1.8 60's

mine were with the stock 3.55 gears and 26x10.5 et streets (not radials) mounted on stock V6 wheels

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i still have stock gearing as well, but around a 1.8 60' and high 12 1/4's are my goal for my current setup. definetly need to upgrade my lca's tho!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You shouldn't be dissapointed being your first trip. It takes practice to launch good and pull good times. That being said my first trip in my 06 I netted a [email protected] with a 2.06 60ft on stock size tires with just a crap set of welded in glasspacks. But unlike you I have close to 800 passes at the track in all the cars I've ever owned or driven.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blackbird, after hearing some peoples comments im pleased with the times i got at the track :) ran again today in portland but the track prep was horrible so i only managed a 13.57. just couldnt grip right. i know ill get better with practice
pooz if i got a 13.3 setup guess i better get to work trying to cut down to that! 13.4 isnt too bad but im hungry for more

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sounds like a 13.3 setup at best, so a 13.4 is great.
i'd like to hit a 13.3 next time i hit the track, thats my goal for my current setup with street tires but im unfamiliar with our power curve, whats the best rpm to be shifting at? i think i was going 1-2 @ 6k and 2-3 @ 6200 then crossing the like right around 6k in 3rd(3.55 gears)
is that a good place to be shifting or will i see better runs with different shiftpoints and maybe hitting 4th? im launching around 2800-3000 with little to no spin and cuttin 2.0x's for my 60' so i feel like thats pretty good but i want to be able to squeeze every last tenth i can outta my current setup

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
what are dub drone's?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my rims

thinking about dumping them when its time for new tires and getting some 18" fr500's and puttin some meatier tires on there. i want wider in the back

·
Registered
80 Posts
Personally I shift right at 6k, but it really goes by feel and sound. Same thing for launching. It can depend on temperature, weather, tires, etc... You gotta learn the car basically.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i guess my next trip ill have to do sets of runs shifting at different rpm and see which gives me the best runs overall. would be easier if i was more consistant on my 60' time tho :dunno

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
First Fri after I got the car I was running 14's a month later high 13's and 6 months later and exhaust tune and some cheap kumho slicks managed a 13.2 with time comes experience so you did really well, now just spray it and you be happy lol

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First Fri after I got the car I was running 14's a month later high 13's and 6 months later and exhaust tune and some cheap kumho slicks managed a 13.2 with time comes experience so you did really well, now just spray it and you be happy lol
as much as id love to spray it i gotta buy into a new lease soon =/ so mods are held off for the time being, at least the more pricey ones, may add a few that are sub $200 mods just to help a bit. my goal is to break a solid 13.3 with the current setup by the end of summer, maybe a 13.2 if i end up gettin some lca's(next mod if i dont get dr's)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts