Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, few questions.

So, i drive a 95 civic, stock.... And want a nicer/ fun car to drive. I love all muscle cars. Well, im in afghanistan with lots of time to think and my body wants me to build an old iroc z28 but im leaning towards foxbody. Is the foxbody the best bang for the buck as far as a budget build goes?

Ive made a list, not complete but its total is $4,800 and im sure i could find some stuff cheaper... But wanting to keep my parts and the car under $9,000.
If i can find a really clean fox body for 6k+ id be ok with that and hold off on mods for a while.

Trick flow top end kit $2,650
Summit racing LT headers
Pypes cat back exhaust
Bbk cai
Walbro 255 fuel pump kit
Trick flow 24lb injectors
Subframe connectors
Strut tower brace
Ceramic brake pads
Drilled/slotted rotors
Wheel bearings
Spark plugs
Plug wires
Cap/rotor
Pulleys
Gears
Throttle body
Springs
Shocks
Bushing kit

Does that look good..l more stuff i need or dont need?

Also whats the difference between the HO and regular 302?

My buddy has a 302, carb with 80k on it he will give me but i kind of want FI

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Looks like you have done your research. Only thing I see is I bet you won't be happy with those headers. I would go with MAC.

And talk the guy down on the 93 a little and look it over REALLY good. If all checks out sounds like a good deal

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Found a 93 lx, clean paint, 5.0 ho motor, 90k miles,mall stock. Asking $4500 sound good
What area would you be buying from? That dictates price a lot of the time.

Also, the H.O motor is just the motor that came in mustangs. They have a different cam and firing order than a regular 302

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Focus on locating a clean unmolested foxbody. Six grand will do it for sure. Then work on how your going to get the power to the ground. Suspension. The top end kit is a no brainer as far as making power but if you can't plant it, it will do you no good.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Be careful with the 90s motors they have the hyper pistons in them which aren't good for longevity or boost. I'd try to get a late 80s they have forged pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Focus on locating a clean unmolested foxbody. Six grand will do it for sure. Then work on how your going to get the power to the ground. Suspension. The top end kit is a no brainer as far as making power but if you can't plant it, it will do you no good.
^^this...it's what I'm doing also

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of the one im looking at:

The wheels and spoiler will have to go! I can make due with the paint, tinted windows and black wheels will make it look better i think. Guy says its bone stock, 5.0 h.o, 90k miles. Asking $4500 obo.. Needs the money so im going to have my dad try and go look at it and offer him 4k. If i get it, i will most likely put off the top end kit, do some suspension work, new tires and a catback if it doesnt have it, says its got an h pipe with flowmasters. Im guessing axle backs.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Looks clean. Make sure to check for rust. And are those wheels weld wheels? They are worth some money if they are

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
his budget has enough room for him to afford forged pistons, besides hypreutectic pistons can hold more power than you think..

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
his budget has enough room for him to afford forged pistons, besides hypreutectic pistons can hold more power than you think..
I'm having trouble actually reading anything you post. :naughty:

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
1 - 20 of 82 Posts