Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I'am wondering if I might go faster than the NHRA 14.00 second helmet rule. My Mustang is all original 2002 GT Premium with 80,000 miles with the exception of....

-CAI
-Pypes X-pipe
-Pulley's
-SCT tuner (93 race tune will be loaded)
-MGW shifter
-Pennzoil Syncromesh Mod (this works btw!!)
-Recent fuel filter,plugs
-Removed spare/jack etc.

I plan on luanching just off idle and shifting @ 5,500. I'am running Good Year street radials. Yes....I will be driving it like I stole it. The track alt. is 600 ft

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yes get a helmet. Even if you are slow enough to not need it, I would still get a helmet. You can never be too safe

·
Registered
149 Posts
my answer is YES remember its your Head SAFETY FIRST!!:yes

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
when we race here doesn't matter what class you run in or how fast you need a snell aproved helmet.
so it would be a wise investment to get one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx ...I'll get one then.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I agree, Safety First!!! In fact, I even carry a spare helmet in the back seat...just for that impromptu street race. The problem is, I'm usually too drunk and forget to put it on.

:tomato

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
It's a good idea, but you most likely will not run quicker than a 14.00, and if you do dip into the 13.90's I doubt the track will really care since it's still very close to 14.0. Glad to hear the Pennzoil works. I'll be using it in the next week.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Yes, get a helmet. If you have a vert, you can drive around with it on to see the funny looks you get. :D

Not too sure on the legality.. but technically they do not impair vision if they are DOT approved. :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yes, get a helmet. If you have a vert, you can drive around with it on to see the funny looks you get. :D

Not too sure on the legality.. but technically they do not impair vision if they are DOT approved. :D
a guy i new york did that a few years ago and got arrested lol. I forget what the charges were, but it started a big freedom shpeal.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
a guy i new york did that a few years ago and got arrested lol. I forget what the charges were, but it started a big freedom shpeal.
I can't find anything on this, but I'm really interested in hearing the result.

I live in NY and after seeing a Mustang 'vert by Columbus Circle upside down, the windshield crushed, with a pool of blood being washed away by the fire department, I've been inspired to get a weld in roll bar for my next mod. A helmet would probably complement that.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I have a ton of helmets around my house cause I ride motor cycles. I hate wearing one at the track but rules are rules and safety comes first. I almost wanted to wear my skid lid but I don't think they will leme even though it is dot approved

1 - 14 of 14 Posts