Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I Just Put Some Victor Jr Heads New Typhon Intake 70mm Throtel Body And 24lb Injectors With A New Pro M Mass Air On My Stang I Was Wondering If I Should Go Have It Tuned In Advice Would Be Great Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What All Do They Adjust When They Tune One Im Pretty Good With Carb Motors But The Efi Is New To Me

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
timeing/chip(sometimes)/fuel pressure/injector pulse/dyno it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok So What Does This Usaully Run I Dont Want To Break The Bank Lol Especially After All The Money I Just Spent On The Parts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Guys I Just Put Some Victor Jr Heads New Typhon Intake 70mm Throtel Body And 24lb Injectors With A New Pro M Mass Air On My Stang I Was Wondering If I Should Go Have It Tuned In Advice Would Be Great Thanks
vic jr's and a typhoon intake on a stock shortblock 302?cam?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Asking to have your car tuned should be something you should have answered yourself... Sorry someone jumped my ass on that so just passing the message. If you do any major mods, having your car tuned properly is always a good choice.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
What All Do They Adjust When They Tune One Im Pretty Good With Carb Motors But The Efi Is New To Me
timing only, if you have a fuel press. reg. then fuel pressure too, if you have programmable engine management, then they can do alot more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
unless you have a aftermarket computer or you are going to buy a chip you can just street tune your car the only thing the tuner will do on the dyno is raise or lower fuel pressure and adust timing

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
unless you have a aftermarket computer or you are going to buy a chip you can just street tune your car the only thing the tuner will do on the dyno is raise or lower fuel pressure and adust timing
Depending on what he get's, it can also advance timing or retard it, show ecu voltage levels for fuel. Telling the TPS to stop lagging so when he smashes the throttle, it will give him an instant response.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I know that Bob kurgan can tune pulse width, A/F ratio, timing curve, sensor input readings and all that crap on a stock A9L computer buy burning a SCT chip. Just as good as any piggy back, but it is a one time deal.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
So what he says above, don't mean get on ebay and pay 10 bucks for a POS "RESISTOR" to "save" you money. You'll burn up your ECU! Don't do that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well it might be a few days before i get to do that cause the head gasket is blowed on it and im tired of fooling with it going to take it to my buddys shop this weak and pay him to fix it all

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get it tuned ASAP. I have a 347 with P/P Edelbrock Performers, GT40, and X303. After having it tuned it idles down to about 750-800 rpm with no surging. Turn on the A/C and it doesn't affect the idle a bit. I already had a Diablo 3-way chip so it only cost $300.00. If I hadn't had the chip it would have been about $500.00.
Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree, get it tuned. if not and you ruin something, your going to kick yourself. you'll be much happier getting the tune. where are you located? and do you have a tuner in mind?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im in summervile georiga and i dont have one in mind couldn i just get someone to program a chip for it to all the mods i have done to it to correct all the little issues like ildel and things like that

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yes you can but that is kinda half assed way of doing it and most good tuners refuse to send out chips unless you data log your wideband O2 and send them the file. your best bet is to take it to someone that makes a living tuning mustangs. Ask around, I'm sure you can find someone in your area. Don't take it to the first person you call, do some research.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts