Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats better guys? Some said the CAI is a waste of money and just go with the drop in. What should I do guys?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
In my opinion extra horsepower, no matter how much/little, is always worth it. The cold air will get you a few more horses for now, and if you do more serious mods in the future you will see bigger gains, and you will be happy you got one. As for the type of cold air however, I would stray from K&N. They make a good product but are severely overpriced. I'm sure they want about $300 for a plastic tube and a filter:no If you are gonna buy a kit I would go with JLT's RAI or CAI, I think they are the best "bang for your buck". Do some research on Ford Mustang Cold Air Intake Kits, Mustang Intakes at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! they have a few different styles/prices to choose from as well as customer reviews and images.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
imo the factory air tube is just fine,just buy you a maf adapter and a cone filter.i have a spectre filter and couldn't be happier

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I split the difference and got a K&N kit that retains the factory intake tube, but ditches the craptastic filter box for just an exposed conical.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Any gains you get are from replacing the filter. The factory intake tube is fine.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i've got a drop in K&N I'll sell you for $15 plus shipping. it's in good shape. honestly i've had a CAI but now IMO the only CAI I need is my procharger :) CAI's really don't do much more than a K&N is going to do.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
agreed ^.... go with the filter only

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
^all you need

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Filter only if your car is stock and dont plan to supercharge the car. A stock car doesnt see enough change to really notice b/w the filter, and the whole thing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was gonna get a JLT CAI but decided the power gain would be insignificant for my pretty much stock car at the moment. I just took the air silencer off and put a K&N filter in there.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i'll see you my JLT Fenderwell Intake. PM me if interest

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
there is one for sale in the classifieds section you should check it out

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
he meant sell

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do not even WASTE the money on a drop in.

Either get an underhood conical, or a fenderwell set up (preferred).

If you plan on going further then bolt on's like a set of cams, and maybe ported heads, spend the extra for a JLT. If not the stock tube is fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts