Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my suspension is almost done, gears are coming next month, I'm limiting my bolt on's becuase I expect I'll boost it at some point(no idea why I don't race)... so wondering what advantages I get with clutch/flywheel/driveshaft etc...

What's worth the money in that department?.. what increases will I see (accelaration I expect).

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you will notice a difference it that a performance clutch grabs much harder. acceleration really only imporves if your current clutch is slipping and you get a new one. a clutch is something that you buy because you need to buy it. i got a centerforce DF kit with a billet flywheel in my car ONLY because it needed a clutch. if you need a clutch then go ahead and upgrade it. If yours is fine then dont bother until it comes time that you need one. How many miles doe you have on your current clutch?

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will notice a difference it that a performance clutch grabs much harder. acceleration really only imporves if your current clutch is slipping and you get a new one. a clutch is something that you buy because you need to buy it. i got a centerforce DF kit with a billet flywheel in my car ONLY because it needed a clutch. if you need a clutch then go ahead and upgrade it. If yours is fine then dont bother until it comes time that you need one. How many miles doe you have on your current clutch?
kool, I'm guessing that's the same for the flywheel and cables etc..

I've only got 36k on the car... I'm 3rd owner so I'm going over ALL maintenance and doing anything that should have been done just in case...

·
Registered
978 Posts
i was wondering this too? how long will the clutch last if you dont beat it to death and your driving is pretty normal? i have 50K on mine.....jus wonderin??

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i have 133k on my stock clutch.. but it grabs WAY far out... im gonna b replacing with my next paycheck(s)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.