Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make a pretty decent salary at my job but it would always be nice to put some extra money into my pocket, especially since summer is coming up and I won't have class for three months. I found this craigslist ad but it looks like it is SEVERELY underpaid.

What do you guys think?

Would any "experienced detailer" actually work for $20 a car?! Someone with "2 years of experience or more?" Or is that actually a going rate when you work for someone? I've always just been paid myself when doing work. I've been paid typically between $60-$200 per car I've worked on thus far (haven't had a machine polisher to do machine correction). As soon as I get my Porter Cable in two or so weeks I'm planning on charging $25 an hour for the first 30 hours, and then if the vehicle requires further work after 30 hours, the price goes to $10 an hour for hours 31+ (just because I don't have a TON of experience with the Dual Action yet).

Automotive Detailing

Is it even worth my time to e-mail this guy? I'm getting about three or four vehicles a month right now. So it's making me like an $300 a month. But a steady 15 or so hour a week gig would be nice.

What do y'all think?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I guess you would need to find out how much you need to detail the cars if that makes sense.

It could be a fairly quick job where you don't spend as much time on each car as if you were doing a full detail.

Maybe the poster of the ad has a repair shop and they want the cars looking clean before returning them to the customer. :dunno

I would defiantly contact him for some more info, you dont have anything to lose by doing so.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
^^Agree with Vader. That's way to low. My washes cost more than $20 :lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
maybe he meant 20/hr

because that's the lowest i will go on car (unless its a MM discount or friend discount)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I doubt he means $20 per hour because than there's not much meat left on the bone for him since he's just whoring these guys out.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
$20 a car :eek: I wouldnt even just wash the cars for $20 a car
This...

I would contact him and double check on the pay. You can always apply and turn it down.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent him an e-mail asking for more information regarding the position and for what his details include. He hasn't sent me anything back yet, but when he does I'll share it with you guys for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts