Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting a X-pipe and I was wondering if its a good idea to make your own. (I have a friend who is great at welding and has a pipe bender)

I guess my question is, is there a lot of technology and thought that goes into a X-pipe? or is it exactly what it sounds like... two pipes that come together and then break apart.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I guess it could be done...but why not just buy one? They aren't expensive...and i'll guarantee that its going to fit better!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
You ever watch powerblock on spike? they made their own custom exhaust this weekend, it was nice, and an xpipe. But it was for a barracuda. I mean if you want to have the DIY experiance then why not. If its cheaper, sure. But if that doesnt matter, then you can buy one.

But hey it might be fun.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Just check out EBAY or craigslist. Yesterday in auction section of EBAY there was a Magnaflow tru-x pipe for $132. That was at 30 Min of the closing bid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05GTXR, let me rephrase what i said about my friend, he completly rebuilt the back half of his trophy style truck with pipes that are all perfectly fitted and also have the ability to hold his spare tires for extra weight. :D hes really good. I guess if hes up to it we can try and build one.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
If your friend is so good then why are you asking us

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
05GTXR, let me rephrase what i said about my friend, he completly rebuilt the back half of his trophy style truck with pipes that are all perfectly fitted and also have the ability to hold his spare tires for extra weight. :D hes really good. I guess if hes up to it we can try and build one.
Are you really saying that the purpose of those spare tires is to weigh down the rear of the truck? :eek::eek:

If your friend is so good then why are you asking us
Seriously.. :sorry

·
Registered
420 Posts
you could build one but if you want an off road one itll be less of a headache and cheaper to buy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts